British expats in EU launch Brexit legal challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's almost as bad as UK nationals protesting Trump, like it's any of their business.
Are all leaders of other countries beyond reproach?
Nothing wrong with protesting against leaders of other countries when they're visiting. It was a peaceful protest too.

Sponsored Links
Are all leaders of other countries beyond reproach?
Nothing wrong with protesting against leaders of other countries when they're visiting. It was a peaceful protest too.

It was a pointless endeavour. It's also quite different to mounting a legal challenge.

It was a pointless endeavour. It's also quite different to mounting a legal challenge.
It wasn't pointless to many many people, it meant a lot to them.
Of course it's not a legal challenge, only mentioned it because you did! I just thought it was unfair that you said it was bad to protest and pointless. It wasn't to many. We are fortunate to live in a country where we can protest and if a large bunch of people felt strong enough to get off their backsides and show their dislike of Trump, then good for them.

It wasn't pointless to many many people, it meant a lot to them.
Of course it's not a legal challenge, only mentioned it because you did! I just thought it was unfair that you said it was bad to protest and pointless. It wasn't to many. We are fortunate to live in a country where we can protest and if a large bunch of people felt strong enough to get off their backsides and show their dislike of Trump, then good for them.

My point wasn't to suggest you shouldn't be entitled to freedom of protest, I was trying to highlight the absurdity of protesting a democratically elected leader. Much like those who protested, don't like Trump and personally, I think he's an idiot but I'm not going to protest just because I don't like the fact he's president of the states.

In the same way there was a referendum in the UK, there have been protests in regard to the outcome and that's fine, suggesting there should be a legal challenge because it's not the outcome some wanted is silly.

Sponsored Links
So basically you don't have an argument, surprise surprise.
I've put my argument forward many a time...

However some won't/can't understand or even be bothered to listen.

Either through ideological dogma or plain stupidity.

You take your pick as to which one of those applies to you :)

I've put my argument forward many a time...

However some won't/can't understand or even be bothered to listen.

Either through ideological dogma or plain stupidity.

You take your pick as to which one of those applies to you :)

If that's what you want to call them, that's fine, you're entitled to that much but you shouldn't act so surprised when people stop listening.

No it wasn't. Protests are there to garner attention - it did that in buckets. Remember the Blimp mocking Trumpy - priceless.

Perhaps sammi needs the point of protests explaining to him. (y)

Garnered attention from within the echo chamber and achieved nothing.

As I said, it was a pointless endeavour.

Is that Hate speaking? Who supports fascists? And likes to draw Hitler moustaches on pictures? Who likes posting grossly offensive insults? Who posts anti-Jewish slurs? Who posts Nazi slogans and pictures?

Nasty piece of work, Hate.

Are you referring to yourself and corbin ?

As I said, it was a pointless endeavour.
As pointless as those there to greet him waving and cheering. Many people wanted to show that he is not welcome here. Job done.
Poor Sammy doesn't get human beings at all. Some spend time on pointless forums too.

As pointless as those there to greet him waving and cheering. Many people wanted to show that he is not welcome here. Job done.
Poor Sammy doesn't get human beings at all. Some spend time on pointless forums too.

Can you just stop trying to be insulting. I understand it completely and it isn't any less of a pointless endeavour.

Since when has using a hard-fought right to protest been pointless?

Tell me what it achieved contrary to echoing by the same crowd anything we didn't already know, Specifically in regard to Trump.

I'll save you the bother of replying - nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back