British have had enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell the relatives of the dead victims of racism and other forms of bigotry, that they are being dramatic!
Luckily in the UK there's just a few people affected by racist or bigot-minded murders as it's a fairly forgiving country all in all.
Unless you include all the recent ISIS inspired murders, they are a bunch of bigots after all. Perhaps your dramatic statement is quite fitting.

Sponsored Links
"Research from the United States of Amercia, shows that race and ethnicity matters when it comes to sentencing, including to the death penalty" OHCHR
Er, talking about the UK, try to stay on point .
We all know America is full of fruitcakes.

We now have this divisive situation that has led to a rise in racism by a minority and a concern by many that arent allowed to have an open discussion without instantly being labelled racist and or zenophobic
"A distinctive feature of the Durban Conference documents is their ‘victim approach’, meaning that anti-racism policies need to understand more precisely who are the targets of racism and what are their specific needs for protection. A category of victim that features prominently in the recommendations from Durban is that of migrants. Two chapters in the present book address the discrimination faced by millions of people who live and work in countries other than that of their birthplace" OHCHR

Sponsored Links
Additionally, you are diverting and diluting the battle against racism, by arguing that, in some incidences, it cannot exist.
If you are content with that, then you (and Elfi) will continue to argue that racism cannot exist because the perpetrator and the victim are the same race.

No, your stupidity has unlimited boundaries.

I am saying that Racism has to do with race. Its not hard. It is the correct term as used by the dictionary.

So technically I am correct.

I am not saying discrimination of all types does not exist. It does and we should all work to eliminate it. You seem to be saying if I don't call it racism then I am ignoring it.

If you are content with that, then you (and Elfi) will continue to argue that racism cannot exist because the perpetrator and the victim are the same race.

just change the word racism to discrimination and the cannot to can.....its not hard is it?

No, you said it was a matter of life and death for some. That's not to do with the definition of racism.
It is. It is not, as mitch implied, a trivial issue.
It was also to do with eeyore and elfi trying to divert attention away from racism by denying its existence in some circumstances, by applying their own pedantic and narrow definition. A definition which is out of step from national, and international organisations and institutions.

You introduced a 'whataboutery' by trying to reinforce mitch's attempt at trivialising racism.

I suspect, though, it was just another of your 'shoot the messenger irrespective of the message'.

Racism is based on the perception that other groups are either intellectually or morally inferior to your own group.
A lot of people like to conflate genuine concerns about issues like uncontrolled immigration with true racism ,this tendency is in itself an example of a prejudice which lumps anyone who complains about immigration under the heading of Racist.

I am saying that Racism has to do with race. Its not hard. It is the correct term as used by the dictionary.
Some dictionaries do recognise the many faceted definition of 'racism'.
It is not a simplistic term.
It also says it is based on a belief. just like religion, there is much plurality in the concept of racism.

So technically I am correct.
You continue with your smug belief. :rolleyes:
"The problem with Racism (in addition to the actual problem of racism) is that it’s very difficult to define – because there’s a lot to it." https://revisesociology.com/2016/10/31/racism-definition-sociology/

You seem to be saying if I don't call it racism then I am ignoring it.
Again you are suggesting incorrectly what I am saying!
Please stop doing that!

It is what you do! It is what you are!
I am saying that by trying to divert and dilute the battle against racism, you are acquiescing to racism, perhaps not consciously, perhaps intentionally, but your diversion tactics are diluting that battle.
You are inadvertently, or intentionally opposing the struggle against racism and other forms of bigotry.
The definition of racism, as posted by me earlier, is accepted by national and international organisations and institutions.
You and elfi can jump up and down, stamp your feet, claim victory, insult others who disagree with you, but you are still being pedantic, displaying your own stupidity and are out of step with the rest of wider society.

just change the word racism to discrimination and the cannot to can.....its not hard is it?
Like pretend racism does not exist, you mean?
:rolleyes:

Racism is based on the perception that other groups are either intellectually or morally inferior to your own group.
A lot of people like to conflate genuine concerns about issues like uncontrolled immigration with true racism ,this tendency is in itself an example of a prejudice which lumps anyone who complains about immigration under the heading of Racist.
"...who are the targets of racism ...A category of victim that features prominently ... is that of migrants."
Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/british-have-had-enough.504110/page-14#ixzz5IUUj7mmD

Immigration is a function, or a result of national governments policies and global and international influences, behaviours and actions.
It is not the fault of the immigrants!
Anyone who blames migrants for high levels of immigration is displaying bigotry.

I suspect, though, it was just another of your 'shoot the messenger irrespective of the message'.
Oh, is that shooting the messenger a bit like this?:
Another bigoted plumber from the CC forum. Definitely some sort of production line going on in there!
Times the above example by many and your irony knows no bounds.

Let me, as you are so very fond of analogies, put this to you.
Imagine you are a father to a young child. The child at bedtime is frightened of the bogeyman who the child thinks lives in the wardrobe. It is of course irrational as we all know there is no bogeyman.

Do you a, pour scorn over the kids fears, tell them they are stupid.
Or do you open the wardrobe door and show them there is nothing to be frightened of.

The first answer will do nothing to stop the fear, possibly make the fear worse as well as the child dislike you. The second answer would show there is nothing there, that they are worried about nothing and the kid go to sleep night after night knowing the truth.

Yes, it's a simple analogy but this is the way forward. Listen to people's views, no matter how much they differ to our own and present facts in a more thoughtful manner. Can you finally get that through your head please?

Has he not got it yet?
That's why I ignore him. It was driving me mad trying to explain it to him.

Explaining it in simple steps helps understand your deeply flawed logic.

He cant, he expends all his energy taking the moral high ground :ROFLMAO:

tis obvious R Bee, because you are nor sensible ;) & talk ball cocks :LOL:,

And no, I dont know why you cant understand such a basic idea.
Simples.

Dramatic, much?

No, your stupidity has unlimited boundaries.

Listen to people's views, no matter how much they differ to our own and present facts in a more thoughtful manner. Can you finally get that through your head please?
Hypocrisy again. :rolleyes:

You think that robust responses backed up by references from national and international organisations and institutions are not thoughtful.
Whereas pedantic rants, stupid comments, and 'whatabouterys' are? :rolleyes:
The mind boggles!
But it was never about the message, for you.

Hypocrisy again. :rolleyes:

You think that robust responses backed up by references from national and international organisations and institutions are not thoughtful.
Whereas pedantic rants, stupid comments, and 'whatabouterys' are? :rolleyes:
The mind boggles!
But it was never about the message, for you.
Always the victim hey? Would it help if I highlighted every single insult you have dished out?

Sorry you didn't get what I meant by such a simple analogy, people like you make the world worse, not better.

people like you make the world worse, not better.
You are welcome to your opinion, no doubt wholeheartedly supported by bigoted plumbers form the CC forum.
As you also wholeheartedly support bigoted plumbers irrespective of the point of discussion.

As usual, you twist the discussion into one of your rants against me.
Was that your primary reason for joining in the discussion?
"Stay on point" is what you said. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back