BritishGas - I'm loosing the will to live

Lots of energy companies will let you pay whole amount monthly by DD.

Personally I am with Octopus, have smart meters and pay by DD. The app or online lets you change the DD easily. Had a smart meter changed within 6 weeks when the first one went belly up and pay 7.5p per Kwh for 4 hours a night to charge my car. 2 sessions gives me 160 mile for under £4.
Do Octopus still head the top 10 of the energy suppliers? They rock.:cool:

Sponsored Links
OMG The chaos continues.

They took £40 DD on the 3rd Oct, 10th Oct they paid me, or refunded £40. WHY? No explanation on their website. No revised bill, no mention of any payment back to me in that bill.

The app or online lets you change the DD easily.
I upped my DD with BG online, anticipating the price increases, only to have BG change it back down of their own accord to a near-previous value, then amost immediately raise it again to just under the DD rate I'd set!

Edit:
Just logged in to my BG a/c, only to be met with 'Page not found'. Perhaps they've decided to give me free energy (I wish!). LOL.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
A tiny bit of progress....

They got my smart gas meter reporting consumption and readings months ago, but claimed they would not be able to get my smart electric working.

I see now, that my smart electric meter has begun to work Smart at last, both are reporting readings to BG, both reporting to the IHD with costs. Just one niggle, gas is not showing daily consumption graphs, but is able to show today/yesterday's consumption figures.

None of my bills are now accessible, I just see the 'Ooops'.

Back