BritishGas - I'm loosing the will to live

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Im also ****ed off with them, they have raised my DD from £34 to £116 after hanging for about 1/2 hr spoke to someone, explained that we would not be living that much at home this winter as babysitting for daughter at her place for 4 night/days so our useage would be considerably less so would like our DD to be no more than say £60, " computer says can't do this only bring it down to 98" but I dont want you to be owing me money as was with the last cowboy outfit I was with, just as well I pulled the DD on them as they went tits up owing a lot of people a lot of money. They are a load off crooks !

Its just a gas meter. And one you don't need to faff about reading yourself.
In theory, yes. But judging by the experiences of other members here, per the posts above, it's a good idea to read the meter manually, as a backup in case you get a crazy bill.

Its just a gas meter. And one you don't need to faff about reading yourself. Nothing more nothing less.
Exactly. Not smart.
Smart would benefit the homeowner in some way. If energy prices fluctuated throughout the day, smart would be turning on devices at the cheapest times. But we don't do that.

If that was aimed at me - Yes, I always log the readings every Sunday, out of interest for my spreadsheet.
Sunday night must fly by in your house.:sleep:
I found BG getting too expensive and changed nearly 10 years ago now. I read my meter twice a year. Never had a problem.(y)
No way will i have a 'smart' meter until they upgrade the network and convince me it's worthwhile.

My mother lives alone in a one bedroom bungalow in which she intentionally keeps her heating off through much of the day because of the fear of energy prices.

Her supplier, not sure if it's BG, insists that her monthly bills should be set higher than my monthly bills in a 3 bed 1930s semi with 4 people and a cat. She is currently in credit but can't convince them that the ridiculously high monthly DD is too much...

They're taking the absolute **** out of people, they're a law unto themselves and can get away with being as useless as they want because the whole things a rigged racket, including the supposed consumer watchdog groups which are meant to oversee all this shyt.

I owe them a fortune because I've tried to call up to organise my payments since I moved in to this property and keep having to deal with Indian call centre who couldn't care less... I made a payment of £300 to them about two months ago which never came off the amount due to them on my little app thing. They aren't getting another penny off me till they sort it out.

But apparently we don't want to nationalise our energy because Government would be way too inefficient at running things, they wouldn't "make investments to infrastructure" and we'd see a degradation of our services. :rolleyes:

My mother lives alone in a one bedroom bungalow in which she intentionally keeps her heating off through much of the day because of the fear of energy prices.

Her supplier, not sure if it's BG, insists that her monthly bills should be set higher than my monthly bills in a 3 bed 1930s semi with 4 people and a cat. She is currently in credit but can't convince them that the ridiculously high monthly DD is too much...

They're taking the absolute **** out of people, they're a law unto themselves and can get away with being as useless as they want because the whole things a rigged racket, including the supposed consumer watchdog groups which are meant to oversee all this shyt.

I owe them a fortune because I've tried to call up to organise my payments since I moved in to this property and keep having to deal with Indian call centre who couldn't care less... I made a payment of £300 to them about two months ago which never came off the amount due to them on my little app thing. They aren't getting another penny off me till they sort it out.

But apparently we don't want to nationalise our energy because Government would be way too inefficient at running things, they wouldn't "make investments to infrastructure" and we'd see a degradation of our services. :rolleyes:
I had this with Bulb. I managed to get them to agree to take a monthly payment by DD based on my meter readings, rather than their stupid "predictions". The up front payment plans were sold as a way to keep tariffs a bit lower, but all tariffs are at the cap now so it really makes no sense to pay a DD based on what the supplier wants you to pay, rather than one based on your meter readings.

Sponsored Links
Back