Bulkhead light for conduit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I'm looking for a metal oval bulkhead that has two entry points (or suitable edges) for 20mm metal conduit to be connected from both ends. They will be horizontally mounted in line with horizontal galvanised conduit. The sort of thing you'd get in an industrial unit. I can find plenty with one entry point but none (under £100) with two entry points. The conduit wiring is to pass through each light and on to the next in a chain. Oh, and needs to be IP65+
Anyone know where I can buy this? I've tried G&S, CEF, Kew, Elstead, TLC.
Any suggestions appreciated

Sponsored Links
Something like this....
Screenshot_20210506-115837.png

Sponsored Links
... it'll last a very, very long time ...
Which it'll have to. A long run will be a nightmare if a fitting needs replacing - start at one end, unscrew everything till you get to the faulty one, put it all back together again.
Isn't that one of the reasons it's more normal to use tee boxes in the conduit and single entry luminaires ?

Which it'll have to. A long run will be a nightmare if a fitting needs replacing - start at one end, unscrew everything till you get to the faulty one, put it all back together again.
Isn't that one of the reasons it's more normal to use tee boxes in the conduit and single entry luminaires ?

It's only a short run of 4 lights. Looks are everything for this customer!

These basically never need replacing. There's nothing in them apart from a lamp holder (which is easily replaceable)

Current Regs say you can only Thru wire fittings that are specifically designed to do so, a lot of fittings that generate heat are now non compliant to fit that way , luckily with Led its not such a problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back