Burgler

planenut said:
You must consider that when you take out the burglar, do it with a bludgeoning instrument so that you don't spill blood on your carpet, plus, it's easier to then turn the body round and say he was coming at you at the time.
Poor old Tony Martin's life was ruined cos he didn't kill them both.

I would still dearly love to smash the b***ard who burgled my girlfriends house last year taking her few personal possessions and changing her character and outlook for the rest of her life.

Don't let them survive, and then dump the b', not much chance of him having informed his next of kin as to his future whereabouts.

Take care all.
There are some real psychopaths on this forum!
What normal rational thinking person would suggest such things!

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
when you get burgled the last thing you are is rational kendor :evil:
I can understand someone may lose their control in the heat of the moment but to continually think that way in a pre-meditated way of what they would do if they caught someone is nothing short of the hound pack baying for blood!
Do we really want to go back to the Dark Ages? Although i believe some would be better suited then instead of in a civilised society of today.

Sponsored Links
He just meant no 'realty TV' is all ! ;)
On second thoughts, condemed to RTV 24/7 .. ;)

The law hasn't been changed just clarified, and the CPS and ACPO have issued a leaflet explaing the situation. Here's an extract.
Do I have to wait
to be attacked?
No, not if you are in your own home and in
fear for yourself or others. In those
circumstances the law does not require you
to wait to be attacked before using defensive
force yourself.
What if the intruder dies?
If you have acted in reasonable self-defence,
as described above, and the intruder dies you
will still have acted lawfully. Indeed, there are
several such cases where the householder has
not been prosecuted. However, if, for
example:
• having knocked someone unconscious, you
then decided to further hurt or kill them to
punish them; or
• you knew of an intended intruder and set a
trap to hurt or to kill them rather than
involve the police,
you would be acting with very excessive and
gratuitous force and could be prosecuted.
You MUST remember to say you felt intimidated and in fear for your safety. If you do shoot them do NOT admit to smiling as you slowly point the gun at their head and gently squeeze the trigger to launch them into eternity.

Don't you think all these comments of killing and maiming are starting to get a little out of hand? after all this is a Diynot Forum and not the official website of the Ku Klux Klan!
I'm surprised that the moderators are not picking up on these offensive remarks that seem to be leading to an incitement to take the law into their own hands, Another website gained notorieity last week for allowing a fundermentalist to preach exactly the same sort of hatred.

Now who's brought race into it?

Never been burgled then, obviously!

Unless you've been burgled you wont know how it feels to come home and see the place turned upside down, the place you've worked hard to have and maintain and the look on your wife and kids faces when they see it and how your kids can't sleep cause they understand what happened and feel intimidated.

Anyway, me and a few friends were in town a few years ago when we saw a lad about 23 breaking into someones car on a quiet street, he was half in through the window. Well we all have had some kind of upset car stolen/broken into/burgled etc.... and we all took it all out on him, this may sound bad to some but I've felt great after and never regretted it.

Someone comes into my house again and they will have it!

planenut said:
Now who's brought race into it?

Never been burgled then, obviously!
Where? , who? brought up racism. There was no mention of it in my post?

I fully understand what it is like to be burgled, not pleasant at all!
That was not the crux of the argument it was the blood letting attitude that was the problem, so are you suggesting that we should take the law into our own hands and butcher a few burglars? and you say i've lost touch with reality! God help us all

If you fully understand then how can you not want to give them what they deserve?

[/list]

small point with the tony martin case that was never really reported, was that he shot the guy in the back (twice) as he was running away. I think to do that after the threat has gone and is legging it down the street is a bit extreme (despite what we all might like to do to them!)

lewy said:
If you fully understand then how can you not want to give them what they deserve?

[/list]
because i don't believe violence is the answer, to even contemplate causing violence to another person is very worrying to say the least and put's that person's mental state into question.

kendor said:
In one paragraph you have shown the type of person you are, There must be something wrong in a person's mind to want to torture another human being, I'm all for making a burglar serve a sentence but torture??! that's sick!
Yes, that's what comes of putting posts on a forum that does not contain a "toungue in cheek" emoticon.

Sponsored Links
Back