Busy skies

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just been sat out in the garden having a fag, not a cloud in the sky.
It makes you realise just how busy the skies are though, six jet trails I counted all in view at the same time. I thought there was a world recession on, It's not even as if it's really the holiday season just yet. Where's everyone going? And just how much pollution do all of these aeroplanes cause? And why do we spell it aeroplanes and not airoplanes? :eek:

Sponsored Links
That's an interesting site, cheers. ;)
It's a wonder they don't all crash really innit.

It's a wonder they don't all crash really innit.
indeed - they are like a swarm of flies round a turd. But then flies actually serve a purpose in the ecology of the planet :idea:

Sponsored Links
Google "chem trails" if you want the conspiracy theory reason as to why there are so many planes flying :eek:

I've just been sat out in the garden having a fag, not a cloud in the sky.
It makes you realise just how busy the skies are though, six jet trails I counted all in view at the same time. I thought there was a world recession on, It's not even as if it's really the holiday season just yet. Where's everyone going? And just how much pollution do all of these aeroplanes cause? And why do we spell it aeroplanes and not airoplanes? :eek:

Too much time on your hands, you need to get a job

Only in America :idea: So if you said " I threw my fag in the foilage " you would get arrested in USA for homophobic assault - and for littering in the UK :mrgreen:

I thought a fag was a gay man.

I thought joe-90 was a nine-year-old boy called Joe McClaine. It goes some way to explain why his childish behaviour and poor plumbing advise are ignored by the moderators. ;)

Mr. W.

Only in America :idea: So if you said " I threw my fag in the foilage " you would get arrested in USA for homophobic assault - and for littering in the UK :mrgreen:

But in red-neck country, it is possible to light up a fag isn't it?

I was on a plane to somewhere, and was amazed to see another plane, to see the poeple in it, flying that close, but the traffic control have it covered? Not according to US accounts, people going to sleep or buggering off on their shifts! Yikes!

I think the main worry is unregulated paragliders, helicopters, private jets, that don't have set 'motorways' to adhere to, at a lower height. I say unregulated, ie no set flight plan, it always amazes me when someone turns up late after the fuel plan has been worked out, and they cause a dicky fit, 'ITS PARKED RIGHT THERE, LET ME ON IT, AND MY 15 FRIENDS, WITH ALL THIS LUGGAGE', they fail to see that a plane is not a bus.

When I see people complain that they miss a flight, due to bad weather, and argue, then get a kamikazi pilot, fine, enjoy the journey, the plane has a fault, get on up there..idiot. Sign this to say if you die, you have no recourse.

scariest moment i had on a plane coming back from Egypt

the plane touched down on the runway the wheels screeched and then the plane went back up into the air, clearly an aborted landing!

The missus gripped my hand like a vice and i said dont worry he will get it right next time!

Some people on the plane started crying and it went dead silent

when the plane eventually landed the crew acted as if nothing had happened and the pilot didnt make ANY comment about it just the usual welcome to london c**p.
Didnt put me off flying but it was a slightly bowel loosening moment

Also once on a plane going to the Maldives when suddenly there was a loud bang and the whole plane shook.

The pilot said a couple of minutes later that we had been hit by the 'wash' of another plane about 1000 ft away

He also said everything SEEMED! to be working fine! fckn SEEMED! I was quite happy to get off that one :D

A friend of mine was once on a plane leaving america when one of the engines caught fire and they had to go back!

Sponsored Links
Back