• Two

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • One

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • None

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, Johnson came up with the ULEZ which was needed in INNER London but Khan came up with the money-grabbing ULEZ expansion which will morph into a pay as you drive scheme when the ULEZ charges won’t raise the revenue he needs. Labour know this and are making noises against it but I can guarantee you that making noises is about all they will do about it.

So let me get this straight you object to Ulez because its a consumption based tax or that it is set too high?

Money grabbing - interesting you were like a dog on its back waiting to be tickled when Tories were handing out Covid contracts running into the billions.

Sponsored Links
I hope the new labour chap keeps his seat at the next election. Its good to see a young person becoming an MP.

No it's not. Should be term limits as well. Time for STV and PR.

Would you be happy with a 20 something heart surgeon or high court judge?

Well
Dare say the cry of

Go back to your constituency and prepare for government

Will go up from the liberal party

:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Well
Dare say the cry of

Go back to your constituency and prepare for government

Will go up from the liberal party

:ROFLMAO:
Over thirty years and still it goes...will they ever live that down?

In the end the byelection scoreline was 2-1 to the opposition; a Labour triumph in Selby and Ainsty and a Liberal Democrat victory in Somerton and Frome, and a consolation win for the Conservatives in Uxbridge and South Ruislip. On the surface it looks like something for everyone, but taken together, the results paint a truly ominous picture for the Conservatives.

The swing to Labour in Selby and Ainsty was a monster 23.7%. This is the second-highest swing to the main opposition in any government seat since 1945, with only the 1994 landslide in Dudley West (29.1%) being larger.
The swings since 2019 look as if they are all over the place – 29% to the Lib Dems in Somerton and Frome, 24% to Labour in Selby and Ainsty, and only 7% to Labour in Uxbridge and South Ruislip.

But from a longer perspective it looks a lot clearer. It is less dangerous to prognosticate on the basis of three byelections in very different types of seat than it is for a single byelection. In 1997 the Lib Dems gained Somerton and Frome by 130 votes – in 2023 they gained it by 11,008. In 1997 Labour gained the Selby constituency by 3,836 – in 2023, on less favourable boundaries, Labour gained by 4,161. And in 1997 the Conservatives held Uxbridge by 724 votes; in 2023 they held a somewhat more Tory version of the seat by 495 votes. These results, allowing for the Lib Dems’ winning ways in byelections, show the level and distribution of the parties’ support is a bit worse for the Conservatives than it was in 1997. The Brexit realignment? Left on economics, right on culture?

Gone like tears in rain.

analysis@theGarundia

Last edited:
Interesting how Conservatives won in Uxbridge by campaigning against Boris Johnson’s ULEZ scheme.

Tory lies never end.
Did you hear the elderly lady on R5L?

Everybody was against him and he was a "poor bugger"......

No it's not. Should be term limits as well. Time for STV and PR.

Would you be happy with a 20 something heart surgeon or high court judge?
Neither’s primary role is to represent the people. For me an MP should be anyone of voting age.

Let time tell if he can do the job.

Mhari Black managed well enough despite her youth and Lee Anderson makes an idiot of himself despite copious life experience.

If it’s necessary, ban cars from going into it, not charge those than can afford to pay for the privilege of killing others!

That doesn't make sense,with your logic ban alcohol as it kills.

Not sure what point you are trying to make.

You are against the Ulez because it puts a cost on motorists by reducing journeys into London - thus making them take alternative transport or not making the journey or you are against it because it means only the rich will be able to afford it?

If its the latter - then why are you not shouting out about how people cannot get registered with an NHS dentist and they cant afford to go private.

Neither’s primary role is to represent the people. For me an MP should be anyone of voting age.

Let time tell if he can do the job.

They have skills and experience - or should we have any idiot as an MP?

So its a kindergarten, might as well let time tell if someone can fly a plane.

Most don’t. Most are professional politicians.

I can give a long list. But so can you.

Sponsored Links
Back