Camping at Aldi

Sponsored Links
40 quid?! It's basically an extension lead! You'd be better off making up your own extension lead with an inline RCD.

'Camping' is broadly used nowadays; is this for a tent or a caravan?

The picture on Aldi's website reminds me of "the apprentice", where they were being given advice on advertising "selling the dream not the product".

Clearly someone has taken this a long way and they are selling the dream of drying your hair in a caravan. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
HI

40 quid?! It's basically an extension lead! You'd be better off making up your own extension lead with an inline RCD.

'Camping' is broadly used nowadays; is this for a tent or a caravan?

I was going to get two RCD sockets and put them in a waterpoof box till i saw this unit.

and it's for a tent.

The picture on Aldi's website reminds me of "the apprentice", where they were being given advice on advertising "selling the dream not the product".

Clearly someone has taken this a long way and they are selling the dream of drying your hair in a caravan.

Caravans have plug sockets bulit in why need this unit in there as well???

I havn't got it yet due to the rain and the wind :cry:

Thanks
Jake

TBH its not that bad, it might cost you nearly that for all the bits to make your own.

they are not that bad, better than a cheap reel with a 16A ceeform on the end.

IP44 rated, designed for a tent, not a caravan, RCD and 10A MCB protecting sockets.

not sure why the pic shows it in a caravan though???

I wonder if it complies with 721.55.2.6? I have seen many with smaller than the 2.5mm cable.

Now they are 25 m (±2 m) in length getting cables long enough is a problem with the boat being 18 meters long in first place if wrong way around it leaves just 7m (±2 m) to play with. So now have to make up our own.

I do think SY cable would be better but now it says HOSRN-F (BS 7919) or
equivalent we don't have the option.

I note non of the adverts seem to give cable size or type. Colour yes how can one use yellow for 230v?

The cable needs to be harmonized, 05 = 300v/500v, R = Rubber (Natural or Synthetic) conductor insulation, N = Polychloroprene Rubber jacket, F = Fine wire flexible cable. //www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:harcode
It is quite easy to use yellow for 230v if it is rated for 300v/500v, it is just site convention which makes us think yellow cable is only for 110v cables.

You know those Aldi special buys are on a 3 month rotation? How many times over the past years have I coveted the cordless fondue set.. Ahh

Apologies if I have pi$$ed anybody off.

I posted in a fred wot I should not 'ave.

I have done the same myself it was only when link did not work I looked at the date.

I have noted over the years Aldi and Lidi produces do change. The both do car radios at around £50 and each time something normally small has changed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back