Can I fit an unvented cylinder...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
[quote="goldberk"Do you want to make any more attempts to persuade me that there is a law that defines who is allowed to install, or work on, or touch, a hot water storage vessel which does not incorporate a vent pipe to the atmosphere?[/quote]

tell it to the judge

we have already established the grey area

but you still finish up in front of the beak

unless of course with your obvious superior intellect you are above it :rolleyes:

there was some concern regarding the removal of the words “shall be installed by a person competent to do so” from the requirement in the Regulations relating to the installation of unvented hot water storage systems.
Those words are still in the latest edition that I've seen - when were they remved?

...installation work is nowadays carried out in the great majority of cases by members of self-certification schemes approved in the Building Regulations as competent to carry out this work without it being notified to a building control body, or by someone holding a registered operative identity card that shows that person has undergone suitable training for such work.
Where you getting this information from?

All unvented installations are required to be notified.

SEEMS BUILDING REGS WANT YOU TO HAVE A TICKET OR BE A MEMBER OF A BODY THAT SAYS YOU ARE COMPETENT ;)
They can want what they like - they don't require it.

It does say it in that 2 page document somewhere so please stop being pedantic.
I'm on my phone the now so can't get document from computer to repost but it does state the relevant members bodies or tickets you need to posess to work on unvented!!! :cool:
So this document exists only on your computer?

Since you can't provide any reference for it it's completely irrelevant - it can clearly state that The Queen is Nigerian for all the good it would do.

Sponsored Links
tell it to the judge
Which judge?

Why would there be one to whom you needed to tell it?

we have already established the grey area
No - all we've done is to confirm that things look grey to those who cannot see clearly.

For what?

Working on a hot water storage vessel which does not incorporate a vent pipe to the atmosphere?

I think not.

If you think so, can you tell us what law would be mentioned by the prosecution when they stand up and say "... you are charged with.... contrary to ..............."?

it can clearly state that The Queen is Nigerian for all the good it would do.
Black-Queen-Elisabeth-II-36430.jpg

try it then clever git

seeing as all of you know so much go out and do it

for christs sake 10 pages of unending drivel and the grand total of jack at the end

so you and goldberk go and fit unvented to your hearts content

So am I to take it that you are either unwilling or unable to answer the questions I asked you?

and the question was ?

and the reply was take it up with the H S E

you want a stupid fight sod off and play in the sparks forum with your pedantic mate

and the question was ?
tell it to the judge
Which judge?

Why would there be one to whom you needed to tell it?

For what?

Working on a hot water storage vessel which does not incorporate a vent pipe to the atmosphere?

I think not.

If you think so, can you tell us what law would be mentioned by the prosecution when they stand up and say "... you are charged with.... contrary to ..............."?

and the reply was take it up with the H S E
No - the reply was:

try it then clever git

seeing as all of you know so much go out and do it

for christs sake 10 pages of unending drivel and the grand total of jack at the end

so you and goldberk go and fit unvented to your hearts content

But even if it had been "take it up with the H S E" that would be irrelevant, as it is not the HSE posting here and saying "tell it to the judge" and "but you still finish up in front of the beak", it's you.

So it's you who I'm asking about those statements.

wa wa wa wa wa wa wa wa

get a life

and just for the record

like i give a toss what you or your dozy mate think

like i said go do it feel free

put the boiler in while your at it

do the gas

do the electrics

if your gonna go against common sense do the lot

personally i don't give a toss

So am I to take it that you are either unwilling or unable to answer the questions I asked you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back