Can I run a tank fed T90i Pumped Shower on mains water?

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Our (old I know) Triton T90i Pumped Electric Shower which is Tank fed is very low pressure out of the shower head (have descaled head and tried another shower head so its not limescale)- The tank is up in the loft but its a Bungalow we live in , so Im thinking maybe not enough head height from bottom of header tank in loft. - mind you the pressure is not too bad when the knob is turned to cold but for a nice warm shower we put it to 7 or 8 and then its pretty bad, not powerful at all - in fact the shower in our other bathroom which is fed from the bath mixer tap and copper cylinder tank in the immersion cupboard is more powerful.

I am wondering (I know the T90i is a tank fed shower) what would it be like if I hooked it up to the mains water (and if the mains water is too powerful put in a gate valve or brass tap valve on the 1/2" copper inlet pipe to regulate/turn down pressure) would it wreck the shower. I should imagine the specs allow for a maximum of bar on the Inlet pipe? - I am just thinking it might be more powerful than it is as it is at the moment running on the header tank?

Sponsored Links
No you cant. Electric showers are always very poor for flow rate. Consider changing the shower for a pumped shower that is not heated by an electric element. You can either use an external pump or get a shower with the pump built in.

It would require some repiping though

Sponsored Links
oh right - thanks guys for the answers - just thought it would be worth a try

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back