Can I use 1+1 knockout box for cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Is it advisable to use a 1+1 knock out box to install my 32a switch and cooker outlet plate side by side? Also I can't find a 32a outlet plate so could I use a 45a outlet plate instead?

Sponsored Links
I have to mount them quite close together anyway as my oven is going into a vertical unit and the switch will be in the unit above, so I thought why not have them in a 1 + 1 knock out box? It also means I don't have to cut an additional chase for the outlet plate.

32amp or 45amp is generally fine for cookers.

Be sure you can get a switch that goes on a single box in the design range you require before you start work.

Sponsored Links
32amp or 45amp is generally fine for cookers.

Be sure you can get a switch that goes on a single box in the design range you require before you start work.
Sorry I don't quite follow? Could you explain that again please? The 32a switch I have requires a single knockout box and the same for the cooker outlet plate. Is that ok?

Sorry I don't quite follow? Could you explain that again please? The 32a switch I have requires a single knockout box and the same for the cooker outlet plate. Is that ok?
Some manufacturers don't make the smaller 32amp switches - as I found out to my cost many years ago when organising what chrome accessories to use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back