Can I use Mains Halogen spotlight with 2-Amp 3Pin Round Plug

I have a reply from Micromark Technical :D

"Thank you for your recent e-mail, you can connect the light your way if you wish,the reason that we say to use a fused spur is so you can isolate the lights should you ever need to carry out any work on them and of course you cannot put a fused spur on a lighting ring."

Good news :D Quite a quick reply too, though not that impressive an answer for a technical department - perhaps I should make allowances for something lost in translation...

Of course you can put a fused spur on a lighting circuit (when was the last time anyone saw a lighting ring?) - its just that there is rarely any need.

Anyway, I would just go straight from the light to the unfused 2A plug, assuming your check confirmed 5A fusing on this circuit?

Gavin

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
PS I am not a fan of Micromark, in case you didn't notice it. ;)

Cheap and cheerless I agree, but what isn't these days... :rolleyes:

Last time I installed a John Lewis chandelier it was no better designed - and possibly worse...

Gavin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back