Capping required?

Ooh Ban that was naughty of you.
LOL.

"ebee wrote:
"
in fact has been know to constitute extra danger (metal capping that is).

Interesting, what “extra danger” does steel capping present "

I know this bore folk because I said it before,
case in point,
family getting shocks off bathroom wall,

chased ot the capping covered cable to discover a nail hole present ( but no nail present),
sometime in the past the naill had pierced it and some shards of the capping were sitting niclety connected to the Ph conductor,
the whole capping was live and the dampish plaster around it.
Nice live wall.

If capping not present then the problem might not have been as severe

Sponsored Links
Ive got a picture on my phone (god knows how u get em on here) of a metal hinge that was live after a plumber decided to refix the door with 2 inch 10's, straight through the ring final hiding behind the door lining!

This is what you want:

IMGP3408.jpg

Sponsored Links
Ive got a picture on my phone (god knows how u get em on here) of a metal hinge that was live after a plumber decided to refix the door with 2 inch 10's, straight through the ring final hiding behind the door lining!

So who's fault was that then.
The plumber (why was he doing carpentry?)
or the person who installed the cables in the wrong place?

I know who I think is at fault.

Bosch - hugely variable quality, some are ok but you don't know which ones until you have purchased them.
Does that apply to blue ones, or green?

All battery powered tools - useless.
Oh I don't know - Paslode nail guns, for example? (well they are triggered by a battery :LOL: ).

They have their uses - nothing wrong with a good 18 or 24V for light work.

And contrary to all expectations, this is pretty good:

it's small and light, the pivoting handle is useful in confined spaces, and what I think is a great feature that many much more expensive ones have is that F/R is selected with a separate switch, not by pressing the trigger one way or the other, so when you've had to hold it in the wrong hand at an odd angle you don't have to try and work out which side of the trigger to press.

And it's cheap enough not to fret if it breaks or disappears.

Remember, BS7671 is the MINIMUM standard you must work to. If you want to do a better job, there is nothing stopping you. ;)

It's 5" brick with 3/4" render on either side, and finish plaster on top of that. ;)

not in inches in millimetres please.
We must go metric every inch of the way these days

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back