Car crash... Set up!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
3 years ago I had an accident went into the back of a car carrying four passengers (won't mention there nationality). They where cut up by another car, which they couldn't tell make of or any of reg plate.

Car had overtaken me in the slow lane when t should have been making it into the far lane as we were both supposedly getting on to the m1 at junction 2. Spoke to the passengers the next daybto see f theybhad any more detailsabout the car what caused the accident. They didnt and they where fine except for a stiff neck.

The following day I get 4 solicitors letters claiming whip lash. They ad been to doctors, the hospital and seen a solicitor in 24 hours. Now my no claims is gone, van written off. Insurance company has been investigating fr 3 years and are still fighting it.

Has anyone actually been successful in countersuing these b@stards? It's caused me nothing but grief..... :confused: :evil: :evil:

Sponsored Links
Why has it taken 3 yrs surely they want their comp for injuries ?
I had the same situation but was all sorted within 6 months.

There was a program on TV last night about the very same subject, it's becoming increasingly common, the insurance company's are waking up to the scam, and these rogues are being investigated, lets hope it works out for you, they sometimes wire their brake lights via a hidden switch, get in front of you and slam on hard, car following does not usually have a chance.

Wotan

I seem to remember a gang of these people up in front of the courts last month . They were found guilty of fraud, and various road traffic offences. Apparently they had been responsible for over 120 "Accidents" and defrauded insurance companies out of over £3 million

More here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ents-insurance-companies-3million-jailed.html

Probably the same gang, you ran into. ;) ;)

Could explain why it's taken so long for the insurance company to reach any sort of agreement.

Sponsored Links
The insurance company find it near on impossible to find these as fraudulent, so they have to let it run it's course up to attending court. The claimees solicitor takes the maximum time to return any paperwork thus dragging it on and on. The insurers haveasked if I will go to court, but said generally the claimees never actually turn up. I tell u wot was weird that two ofthe passengers had the most English names but it didn't quite match there faces.....I asked the insurance comp. Who actually checks out the id for these lot and they said with the doctors and solicitors in place it should be legit. But I can't believe that two of the where called Richard and Robert Patterson. Proper dodgy.....

This sort of happened to me about 6 months ago, I was driving along when all of a sudden a car cut me up from the left and done an emergency stop in front of me. By the grace of god I stopped in time with about 20mm from there boot. 'I beep my horn and shouted a yew words at them.' The driver just put his hand out of his window and gave 'the bird' then just drove off. There was no need for him to cut me up or to do an emergency stop in front of me. The car was full of people!!!

I was fuming :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I really I had a lucky escape.

Andy

You where one of the lucky ones. Apparently they like to go for commercial vehicles as they are more likely to be insured.

The insurance companies have been involved for years making money out of 'referral fees'. Then they just hike the premiums. No-win-no-fee is still fuelling the practice. The government should FORCE the insurers to fight every case and prevent them from raising tariffs.

I know alot of transport companies are now fitting cameras on the dashboard as this is becoming more common, what they usually do is pull in front of a lorry and then another car will get in front of them and slam on and makes a quick exit,so second car slams on and a lorry with the weight/speed cannot stop in time...with being pc and all that lets just say the con artists are non-english, not sure why your insurance company is not checking out the dodgy names as alot of them have ex police/detectives working for them..did you only mention it to the claims rep? make a complaint to get it investigated.....

Is racism creeping into this thread now then?

It's not about race just stating the facts that ALL of these types of claims are from non English names such as khans, saddique etc this was the exact words I was told from the Norwich union investigator.

Watford via Mumbai. How do I know they haven't given me there real names and forgot to ask there place of birth....
Don't make race the issue....all I am saying is what the investigator told me....and for the record the passengers with the English names spoke very poor English so I would say it's not there first language. Doesnt detract from the fact that they f@£ked me over... I was the one who had to hire a van to keep running my business then fight my insurance company for the right value of my van. Then pay double premiums. I don't care where they are from they are still scum.

Not in the slightest Joe.. The link I gave reported the facts of the case, including the nationality of the people involved. It could just have easily been a gang of English people doing this.

Sponsored Links
Back