Carpentry/maintenance job in hospital

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I heard this is basically a repair/maintenance job and bores a half decent carpenter. Would it be a job you could learn on and not be that difficult for a handyman? I heard a lot of fire door repairs

Sponsored Links
havent got a clue
but suspect most if not every door in a hospital is a fire door and what do you get loads off -----trolleys beds wheelchairs all bashing doors on many occasions
as for boring that will fully depend on the individual

Sponsored Links
Go for it, it will be good experience and you can leave when it gets boring, steady income though and you will get leads/contacts from the medics staff and consultants.

The nhs is in trouble when its surgeons seek diy advice on this forum

Hmmm. IIRC, in days gone by, it was the carpenters who became the surgeons and doctors. :unsure:

I'd better check my private insurance is up to date.

Probably a wet blanket here but make sure you have adequate public liability cover......vital when dealing with the public at large!
John

Probably a wet blanket here but make sure you have adequate public liability cover......vital when dealing with the public at large!
John
I think surgeon get you to sign a disclaimer before they start, anyways that would be down to the hospital not keital

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back