Cat poo disposal

Hence the human population were more prone to disease from lack of sanitation!

Cat poo dissolved by rain water and cat pee both soak into soil and are ingested into plant roots. Cat waste is high in Nitrogen so can actually kill plants.

Urine in sufficient quantities will burn grass. You get an interesting halo effect. The grass in the middle dies and then the grass on the parameter is much healthier than the grass further away from the centre.

Dog owners can buy food supplements that contain DL-Methionine (an amino acid). It changes the PH value of the urine and prevents grass burn. I am not aware of any such product for cats.

Sponsored Links
Commercial growing of vegetables uses manure from herbivore animals!

Cats are carnivore!

I've also read about the parasites present in cat urine are harmful to people.

Very true, but what about dogs let loose in the fields when on walkies? The foxes, badgers, field mice, rats, etc. who all deposit into the fields?

I think you've done too much reading. Grow your veg, wash it before eating and enjoy. The blokes down the allotments near my house deal with a multitude of pet cats roaming about, but they're no harm. Their only concerns are the birds eating seeds and fruit. Cats don't touch it. Poo goes in the bin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back