Caught Red Handed

ban-all-sheds said:
I don't think they can read properly. Maybe markie can - I've not checked back, but clearly slogger can't as he keeps on pretending that those opposed to the death penalty can only offer release for these people so that they can reoffend, despite the number of times it has been suggested that genuine "for life" imprisonment is the answer.
Agreed

Sponsored Links
Freddie said:
pickles said:
Freddie said:
Still kept her and still keep him in relative luxury for the rest of their lives.

Central heated cells--carpets--television and video--cooked food---free health care--money--readable litriture--newspapers--telephone calls----free clothe's--etc etc etc.

So the self righteous and pc priks amongst yourselves better word your replies good

Public Figures of hate, no liberty, people spitting in your food, permanently looking over your shoulder for people trying to stab, scald or batter you. Same 4 walls for ever, no real contact with the outside world. No exercise but walking in circles in a prison yard on your own segregated from other prisoners. No relationships. Nothing to do except sit in your cell thinking about your crime and the life you haven't got or doing some useless distance learning course.

My heart bleeds for them.

Very interesting, no one is suggesting sympathy is appropriate for these kind of crimes.

Do you accept the point that prison can be an adequate punishment. I am not suggesting it should be fun inside, it most certainly isn't, but there is an old saying that people go to prison as a punishment not for punishment.

Loosing your liberty is a terrible thing and people underestimate it as a punishment. I think it is worse than just about anything else that can be done to you, including the death penalty.which for the record i don't agree with. A real life sentence, Ie for the rest of someones natural life really is a living death

Also answer the point about trying to prevent these crimes, isn't that what people should be talking about. Surely it's better to try and stop it happening rather than punishing it afterwards

Softus said:
noodlz said:
Softus, you asked Markie whether he actively lobbied his MP or campaigned for changes, well, seeing as how extensively you have written on this subject, may I ask if you do the same with regards to making life mean life for prison terms? If you do, all power to you for it, and, if achieved, this might well lessen the calls for capital punishment.
A good and fair question. I'm ashamed to say that I've done very little, but I've done the minimum of Emailing Peter Lilley (local MP) about it. Having said that, I've never had one single reply or acknowledgement to any Emails I've ever sent him, so your question has now given me the impetus to chase it up...
Softus i would put faith in that

Sponsored Links
Freddie
Pleeeeze stop calling these people fiddlers. My wife plays the fiddle (violin) and was horified to learn that this term was used to portray a paedophile.

pickles said:
Freddie said:
pickles said:
Freddie said:
Still kept her and still keep him in relative luxury for the rest of their lives.

Central heated cells--carpets--television and video--cooked food---free health care--money--readable litriture--newspapers--telephone calls----free clothe's--etc etc etc.

So the self righteous and pc priks amongst yourselves better word your replies good

Public Figures of hate, no liberty, people spitting in your food, permanently looking over your shoulder for people trying to stab, scald or batter you. Same 4 walls for ever, no real contact with the outside world. No exercise but walking in circles in a prison yard on your own segregated from other prisoners. No relationships. Nothing to do except sit in your cell thinking about your crime and the life you haven't got or doing some useless distance learning course.

Very interesting, no one is suggesting sympathy is appropriate for these kind of crimes.

Do you accept the point that prison can be an adequate punishment. I am not suggesting it should be fun inside, it most certainly isn't, but there is an old saying that people go to prison as a punishment not for punishment.

Loosing your liberty is a terrible thing and people underestimate it as a punishment. I think it is worse than just about anything else that can be done to you, including the death penalty.which for the record i don't agree with. A real life sentence, Ie for the rest of someones natural life really is a living death

Also answer the point about trying to prevent these crimes, isn't that what people should be talking about. Surely it's better to try and stop it happening rather than punishing it afterwards

Well that's just your veiw and nothing else, and it flies in the context of common sense simply because that you regard human life ( if you can call them human ) above everything else.

On your question---well i was listening to ex-inmates of a prison where a court case was in operation about a prisoner sueing the goverment because it was degrading to slop out.

The ex-prisoners thought it was hilarious as they said--" you get used to things--you learn to adapt "

Very very true, humans are very good at adapting to situations and as regards Brady and Hindley they were being protected aswell.

As far as i am concerned when you commit a crime against another you lose any human rights you had and if in prison life means life on the very basics and no more, you forfaited anything else.

But with the nonces i have explaine--they themselves admit that they cant be rehabilitated or cured and if let back in society they will reoffend.

Give them a choice--death or chained to a rock for the rest of their natural with NOTHING but basic food and water ONLY

pickles said:
Freddie said:
pickles said:
Freddie said:

How is this achievable? I believe that too many crimes are trivialised, therefore, it takes a crime of some magnitude before punishment of any meaning is handed out to an offender. There are too many 'last chances' given to those who have multiple convictions. Increase the sentences to a level where they really have an impact.

There are still those though that are clever enough to avoid detection for many years so how do we prevent those people from the committing their heinous crimes?

Freddie said:
Softus i would put Politician's in a group only just slightly higher than Fiddlers---I wouldnt hold your breath
Freddie, we have enough good exchanges now that I trust this won't offend you for very long, but I find your disparouging attitude towards politicians to be self-defeating, and, I confess, it annoys me (slightly) on two counts:

1. I didn't ask anyone to rate politicians, nor am I interested in anyone else's view of them.

2. Contacting my MP is part of the correct process for statutory amendment. If I felt more strongly, and had more time, an alternative would be to petition, or march, or even demonstrate. However, part of my MP's job is to listen to his constituants. If you believe the law is wrong, what do you do about it?

pickles
some excellent points regarding this scum in prison ....
we still have brady going to the European Courts to be allowed to kill himself ....I say NO let this filth spend every second in jail fearing attack

markie said:
2nd ( forum rules, elaborate ) BAS regarding me not being able to read properly
Well - I did lump you in with Slogger, but then I immediately said "Maybe markie can - I've not checked back" - it was partly due to you being linked with Slogger in Kendor's post, so apologies, I shouldn't have grouped you in with him without checking, or should at least have had a more explicit disclaimer.

BUT - I sort of felt you weren't reading what others were saying when you wrote "Kendor so what your saying is society should forgive child murders and help them to get on the right track" - I was a bit wrapped up in the Slogger thing of him definitely ignoring what I'd been proposing (which was not forgiveness, it was imprisonment for life) and trying to make out that anyone opposed to the death penalty wanted dangerous criminals released so that they could offend again.

So explicit Q for you - why kill, what's wrong with locking them up until they die?

I believe the only action is the same then---take matters into your own hands

you are right freddie but i doubt if certain people on here will agree

your friend has been let down by the law and let down so badly he must be hurting he has more than a few courses of action left open to him whichever road he takes he has to take it on his own and carefully

hope i dont have to go down that road as i know what i will do so much for the law :evil:

I wonder if this will turn out to be the kiss of death that it first appears.

Slogger said:
you are right freddie but i doubt if certain people on here will agree

Bas when i read kendor's post , the bit about ( help them get on the right track ) it sounded to me in my opinion only, that we/society should rehabilitate these murders, of innocent children. because if we kill them we will be as bad as them, whats the point of helping them get on right track if they are going to be in prison for the rest of there life, that's if life means life not 15-20 years or less for good behavior, PS after reading my post again it sounded as if i was attacking kendor personally, for which i apologise. regarding ( why kill) why not , ( don't answer that one don't want to go over old ground ;) ) the prisons are over flowing to start with, so why not get rid of those scum so there's more cells for criminals who commit crime not as bad as murder ( children ) in stead of letting them off lightly as in fines community service ect, majority of which would be in prison if they there was cells available. PS let me know if i still not understood kendor's post and i will give myself a slap or 2 :LOL: ;)

Sponsored Links
Back