Cavity Tray, brick courses, weep holes ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bear with me please, never done this before, but I am proposing to build a small cavity wall four courses high and have a folding door on top of this. I plan to use a damp proof membrane and bed it two courses high on the outer wall and three courses high on the inner wall. I intend to bridge the gap with some steel plates and then place the the folding doors on to that. The cill will have holes in the centre to weep away water, so I intend this to drip down the DPC and hit the outside wall and weep away through weep holes at secon course level two bricks apart?

Any advice really appreciated.

Sponsored Links
For 3 courses I'd place a thermal bar across the cavity directly beneath the frame with a full width dpc over. The frame should drain onto the sill which presumably is external so will direct any penetrating water to the external. Steel plates bad idea - will cause cold bridge and condensation and are unnecessary anyway. Might also be worth insulating beneath the frame?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back