Change of electrics required for new oven?

Sponsored Links
as i said i only just got that from the estate agent after much bugging. i thought it was 32 bu clearly the certificate says 16. i can only say sorry i dont want to waste peoples time.

if i can get a single gas oven on one end - and make a second socket for MW and existing for washing machine and dryer i would really appreciate it.

You can put a single electric oven on the existing circuit. Maximum current 16amps. Thats approx 3.6KW (do not confuse KW with KWh). Most ovens over 3KW require wiring in and don't come with a 13A plug.

Then you could plug a microwave into a socket on the ring (socket) circuit. Add a socket from the utility, if the existing socket is on the ring and is not already a spur.

Dave, I’m sorry, you need to get your facts straight before you waste anybody else’s time.
The circuit is 2.5mm and a 16A breaker on it.

So, to rewind a few days, you’ll need a new circuit, or a much smaller oven.
If 0.3(x-10)+10 = 16, what is the value of x?

Sponsored Links
I got a reply back from the person who issued the certificate !!

Looking at certificate and pictures it would look like the main consumer unit has been changed since my visit and new cables have been added to the oven circuit. The 4mm cable is not on my certificates and it lists it as just for oven so socket has been added after too. The certificates for the new consumer unit at this point are more useful as this work takes on the responsibility of alterations to my work.

The main concern is what current rating the MCB is. Originally it would have been 16A.

You need to check the KW rating of oven and compare to size of MCB. 2500W (2.5KW) will use 11.5Amps. If the oven is small enough rating it could be possible to fit microwave into same circuit, but you may need to remove the washing machine socket from circuit for fear of tripping out MCB or overloading 2.5mm cables.

Ask the person who sent you that reply to explain diversity for cooking appliances to you.

where is the 2 way consumer unit / DB ? as mentioned on the works certificate? Kitchen? or near.

And most interestingly what cable size supplies it I wonder

Foreign parts that have square-pin plugs but 60Hz supply.

Where's that?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back