Change Thermostat - Sunvic TLX9201 to Salus RT300

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to change my room thermostat from Sunvic TLX9201 to Salus RT300 but want to check the wiring before I do so.

There are currently four wires coming out the wall. Blue + 2x Brown connected to the thermostat and the Green/Yellow connected to the back box.

Can someone help me confirm which goes where on the new thermostat? Images below.

Thanks!

Sunvic (Exsiting):

IMG-2686.jpg

IMG-2685.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-04-26-at-18-18-30.png

Salus (New):

Screen-Shot-2019-04-26-at-17-29-43.png

Sponsored Links
Not sure you should be touching electrics if you don’t know the wiring colours, did you safely isolate that before removing or was it still “live”?

Currently:
You have a brown live
Black switched live (sleeved brown)
Grey (sleeved blue) which may be acting as a neutral
Earth (green/yellow)

On new:

Live (brown)
Switched live (black - sleeved brown)
Park your earth
Neutral would need to go in a connector block/wago

Please only work on electrics if you’re competent

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a very helpful reply to someones first post.

I might not be an electrical master, but I'm perfectly aware which colour is which. I'll make sure I write the types next time instead. And yes, I did have the common sense to isolate it first.

I personally don’t see how it’s unhelpful, I’ve answered where your wires should be going, I’m just making sure you don’t injure yourself or worse - actually trying to be helpful, but ensuring safety is paramount. o_O

Sponsored Links
Have you already purchased the Salus ? They are not the most reliable

Hello,
How did you get on since I wasn’t the most helpful?

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back