Changing light fitting

re of the new fixing bar. So, perhaps, I can use that and then use the two screws that came with the fitting to attach the ends of the fixing bar just into the plasterboard, for a little bit of extra strength.
You will need the supports at the ends of the bar, or your light will not sit properly on the ceiling. Screwing into the plasterboard won’t be strong enough.

Sponsored Links
You will need the supports at the ends of the bar, or your light will not sit properly on the ceiling. Screwing into the plasterboard won’t be strong enough.

Thanks. So would I want to put two new cavity anchors for the ends? The only fittings that came with the light were two rawl plugs and two screws.

Thanks for all of the advice. Invested in some proper cavity anchors (and a setting tool) and didn't have any real problems.

I was asked what the wiring was like in the loft, so I took these pictures when I was up there checking before I drilled. I think it all looks normal.

MSuxWHcl.jpg

R7ab9Nbl.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yes, although to be 100% correct, the junction box should be screwed to a joist, and the cables properly cleated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back