Changing out an intermediate light switch for a new one

.... Check out the terminal block in the intermediate switch part of the diagram - that is the one I was referring to. ...
As I've just written, on more careful study of the diagram, I came to understand what 'terminal block you were talking about'
While we all accept that the questionable intermediate switch the OP purchased is a fake - I liked the idea of an intermediate switch with some form of 'common' loop built in to replace the back box terminal block. Just as some manufacturers have started to build in neutral loops to their switches.
Yes, I suppose that would be useful, but I certainly haven't yet seen any intermediate switch which does it, have you?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
what you need is to draw a 2-gang 2-way switch, with L1A linked to L2B and vice versa, your two "incoming" conductors going to the COMs, and see how it behaves when you operate both gangs together.
So the wiki link is wrong then?
Which Wiki link?

I do hope you are referring to one which references a 1-gang intermediate, and not a 2-gang 2-way kludged to act like a 1-gang intermediate.

Check out the terminal block in the intermediate switch part of the diagram - that is the one I was referring to.
While we all accept that the questionable intermediate switch the OP purchased is a fake - I liked the idea of an intermediate switch with some form of 'common' loop built in to replace the back box terminal block. Just as some manufacturers have started to build in neutral loops to their switches.
FFS - that is NOT what is going on here!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back