Cheapest place to get swa y joint kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks can anyone please tell me the cheapest place to get a Y T resin jointing kit for 3 core, 2.5mm swa.

Cheers

Jon

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Only experience I've had with them is digging them up and replacing them with resin joints after they had filled with water and gone short circuit. :mad:

How do they keep on getting away with making and selling something described as IP68 (2 Mtr Continuous) if they leak when buried?

How do they keep on getting away with making and selling something described as IP68 (2 Mtr Continuous) if they leak when buried?
How would you prove that the leaking was a design defect rather than incorrect installation or an individual faulty item.

Used to work with guys that would make underground joints using a polythene resin ( Tescos bag ) and a PVC shell ( insulation tape ) or if the supplied shell was too small make use of a 2 litre coke bottle.

I like using the CTL Clearcast breech jointing kits myself

Personally I'd say no. Trying to prevent water penetration 2 meters underground with a bit of rubber is never going to work IMO.

So how do they keep on getting away with making and selling something described as IP68 (2 Mtr Continuous) if they leak when buried?

described as IP68 (2 Mtr Continuous) if they leak when buried?
Most IP ratings depend on the item being installed correctly.

This may be obvious but resin bonded kits can only IP68 after assembly and the mixed resin has been poured in and allowed to fully cure.

So it is impossible to sell a joint that is IP68 at time of sale, it only becomes IP68 after being assembled correctly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back