Chipped Wheeliebins!

Sponsored Links
Whereabouts d'you live, Moz? My mum lives on Stanley Road...

The thing that bothers me about all this recycling is the awfull waste of diesel an petrol thats being burned off. aka people making special trips to tips , bottle banks etc just to deposit ten bottles :LOL: Some people I know have to take what wont go into landfill bin to the tip!! (if the bin wont shut they wont take it). Where once upon a time we had one biffa truck once a week taking all. we now got 3 trucks in convoy chuggin round spewing out diesel fumes.. A guy round the corner took a load of bricks in his estate car they told him it was toooo much in one load and to leave half in his car, He duly unloaded half, drove out of tip and U turned back into tip.. The tip operator thinks he's saving the planet???? :eek: Mind thats only the start of it ... what happens to all these bottles and stuff. How many litres of fuel are wasted just transporting this stuff all round theworld???
Not to mention the fumes this is generating....== Asthma epidemic?
One thing that I am curious about is with new directive (dont ask me which ffks) on old p/c screens being classed as highly hazardous, as the glass contains lead! :confused: So how is the lead in this glass going to leach into the ground?.. Erm notice that lead crystal decanters are not included in hazardous waste :LOL:

Sponsored Links
confidentincompetent said:
The thing that bothers me about all this recycling is the awfull waste of diesel an petrol thats being burned off. aka people making special trips to tips , bottle banks etc just to deposit ten bottles :LOL:

The whole point of having glass recyling facilities at supermarkets is that you don't make a special journey just to do glass recycling.
Unfortunately you're right though as I have seen people drive their 4x4s there just to recycle a box of glass.
They seemed pleased with themselves, and didn't realise they were missing the whole point...

I thinks its important that people compost their kitchen waste and garden trimmings.
People in our area load all the stuff into the brown(compost) bins for collection, then they later end up driving to B&Q to buy a huge bag of compost!
Its crazy giving your compost away to the council then buying it back.
Some areas of Bucks have given houses kitchen composting bins.
While this is good, its still causing petrol journeys.
I'm always saying that the council should provide home composting and water butts for free.
These bins should be "owned" by the council like they own our current wheelie bins.

JamesA said:
Unfortunately you're right though as I have seen people drive their 4x4s there just to recycle a box of glass.
They seemed pleased with themselves, and didn't realise they were missing the whole point...

And in bucks all these 4x4's queue behind all the 3+ litre mercs, bemmers audi's etc, at least with a 4x4 you can get loads more in it.

Thermo said:
many other products are over packaged just to sell them and not for necessity. Childrens toys for example.

Toys are the worst for stupid amounts of packaging! If anyone else here has little daughters they might have been subjected to the Pegasus barbie dolls last Christmas? Each doll took literally half an hour to get out of its box, it even got mentioned on a consumer show it was so bad! Ordinarily I try not to buy things that are over packaged but with this my alternative was to explain to my girls that Santa couldn't bring them the only thing they asked for because it had too much packaging! :confused:

JamesA said:
I'm always saying that the council should provide home composting and water butts for free.
These bins should be "owned" by the council like they own our current wheelie bins.

That's got to be the best idea I've heard - have you approached your council about it? Did you get any response? :)

It would not be there to monitor bins on an individual basis. The microchips would also enable stolen or misplaced bins to be easily identified and returned to the correct house."
Erm, if its not being used to monitor on an individual basis, how would they know whose it was?????
Wonder if you chip it like a console, cant see why not, might be somee ££ in it for me lo

If the quote works well in France, why not here ??

Perhaps HMG require another reason to lower the 'council' grant .. Charging for normal household removal is akin to a consumer tax rise..

Packaging Regulations

The Decret Lalonde, which came into effect on 1 January 1993, obliges companies to share responsibility for effective elimination of packaging (see Decree No.92-377 of on 1 April 1992 published in the French Official Journal dated 3 April 1992).

Local authorities are responsible for establishing waste disposal and recycling infrastructure. This is funded by a levy on individuals or companies who introduce finished products to the market, calculated on the number of sales unit packages (Unité de Vente Consommateur - U.C.V.) involved. Every manufacturer, importer or distributor of products destined either for households, cafés, hotels and restaurants (in French, "Collectivités, Hotels, Restaurants" or CHR) must:

a) organise a system for packaging to be returned for recycling, e.g., a deposit system ; or

b) set up their own collection, recovery and recycling system (which must be approved by the Ministries of Environment, Industry and Agriculture) ; or

c) subscribe to a scheme approved by the above Ministries to ensure compliance with the legislation.

The law applies equally to distributors of foreign products and distributors of "own-label" products.

In practice, option c) requires subscription to services offered only by Eco-Emballage or Adelphe, private sector companies established by the French government in 1992 to ensure adequate waste recovery and recycling of packaging. Until 1996, Adelphe dealt exclusively with glass products, but now the two are direct competitors. Eco-Emballage has some 65 % of the market. Both will contract to take full responsibility on behalf of subscribers for compliance with the law.

"La Loi Toubon" is a French regulation concerning the use of the French language on the packaging and labelling of any product sold in France. (Loi No. 94-665 of 4 August 1994). Its application was defined 19 march 1996.

The regulations make clear that the French language text should be as visible and intelligible and of the same size as any foreign language text on packaging.

The "Green Dot " or « point vert » (for which Eco-Emballages holds the copyright) may be shown on packaging to indicate the recycling levy has been paid. The mark may also be used in advertising. It takes the form of a circle containing two overlapping arrows around a central vertical axis
:cool:

securespark
Your Mums a lovely lady ....... :)
Stanley Rd near the methodist church , ;)

and how is monitoring what rubbish I dispose of "against my human rights"?????? that bird in that article above thinks it is. I'd like to hear her reasons for that. which human right is it violating? :confused: some people just have to complain dont they, even if its made up. their sad little lives - nothing better to do.

people just have to grow up and realise we HAVE TO recycle. Yes, you'll be dead in 50 years, but what about your kids? and their kids? lets all ruin the planet, we'll be dead by the time it takes effect. Kids will sort it - leave it to the next generation. Real good attitude, that. :evil:

lol @ crafty1289 :) :)
tell the co-op to use less packaging then ..lol your firms part of the problem ,lol .lol
btw if you remove your bin chip your bin will be removed an you will be charged for a new one as they scanner our bins an waste weights here on it being uploaded in the bin wagon .....

Sponsored Links
Back