Christian patrols on the streets of London.

Sponsored Links
WS66,

Agree yes that Anti Semitism is on the rise. Figures in Ukraine are worse, as a result of the far right it appears.

I was just making the point that Jews have not had it all that easy in France over the past few centuries, this is sadly not just a recent phenomena

WS66,

Agree yes that Anti Semitism is on the rise. Figures in Ukraine are worse, as a result of the far right it appears.

I was just making the point that Jews have not had it all that easy in France over the past few centuries, this is sadly not just a recent phenomena

But, will you agree, that the recent phenomenon (in Europe generally) is down to the rise of the RoP ?

I'm not sure that you can lay anti-Semitism on Muslims (alone).

There seems to be attacks from every direction.

e.g. Quote from London Evening Standard

Police are speaking to community leaders about a planned "anti-Semitic" demonstration in north London.

"The "Liberate Stamford Hill" protest is set to take place on Clapton Common on March 22 and is described as being "against Jewification and anti-white oppression".

Stamford Hill is home to one of the largest Orthodox Jewish communities in Europe.

The demonstration has seemingly been organised by Joshua Bonehill. A post on his website entitled "An Urgent Appeal: The Jewification of Great Britain", attacks the Shomrim, a Jewish neighbourhood patrol group that assists the Metropolitan Police, and claims "white people" in Stamford Hill are the target of abuse."

Sponsored Links
It's also worth noting (in my view) that the yellow Star of David patches which marked out Jews & Jewish premises in the '30s & 40's have their origins as far back as the 1200's. Including in England at the time.

Next time you read some "facts" on the web check the source, as the organiser of the proposed Stamford Hill rally has a track record of publishing fictitious stories which seem to be designed to stir up trouble with no basis in fact

WS66,

But, will you agree, that the recent phenomenon (in Europe generally) is down to the rise of the RoP ?

Okay, if we say recent is ten years? And leaving aside the loaded 'rise of the RoP'

I honestly don't know the breakdown of the perpetrators of anti Semetic attacks by religion and / or ethnicity but am happy to look at what you have. If Muslims have contributed to the increase, then those are the facts. I am willing to accept a link with increased Islamic extremism if that is the case- I'm not defending sectarianism of any hue. I abhor it and see it as a by product of religion. Anyone doing this in the name of Islam should be punished for the criminal they are.

Remember also that there are other drivers of such anti Semitism - such as the Le Pen family and their National Front supporters who espouse a Christian identity, and other far right and far left groups in other countries that have no Islamic links and seem to detest Jew and Muslim alike .

And as a footnote, both Jews and Arabs from the Middle East are from Semitic stock.

Turkey is a transit point for jihadis from Europe to join up with Islamic extremist groups fighting in Syria and Iraq.
:LOL:

And Turkey wants to join the EU. :evil:

I may have mentioned this before, but Turkey is mostly Asian.

If they are admitted to the EUROPEAN Union, then logically they could extend further into Asia and, for that matter, Africa.

That, of course, would give Asian and African countries legal free access to Europe... and Britain. (Mind you, they seem to manage to come here quite easily anyway.)

Turkey is a transit point for jihadis from Europe to join up with Islamic extremist groups fighting in Syria and Iraq.

If they are admitted to the EUROPEAN Union, then logically they could extend further into Asia and, for that matter, Africa.

That, of course, would give Asian and African countries legal free access to Europe... and Britain. (Mind you, they seem to manage to come here quite easily anyway.)

Istanbul the bridge between Europe and Asia?

Is that important? The vast majority of Turkey is in Asia, including its capital city.

Is that important? The vast majority of Turkey is in Asia, including its capital city.

Just giving it a bit of flava....

Where else would one expect to learn about Islam but from Muslims. :rolleyes:

Depends who is asking, and which Muslims are telling, as to how much faith you could have in the responses.

Ask Anjem Choudary, or "Jihaddy John", for the "truth" about Islam - after all, they're Muslims.

From a strategic military point of view, yes.

Is proximity/geography important when considering political/economic/military intentions?

Does it matter for instance that Alaska and Hawaii are miles away from the US mainland?

The point I'm getting at is that I bet if Turkey became a "must have" country within the Euro ranks, the suits would rather re-name the EU than loose a potential valuable member.

I wonder whether Syria, Iraq and the like would be seen as 'valuable members'.

And if we stretch the point in a different direction: Morocco, Egypt, Libya, for example, that would make it so much easier for 'economic migrants' to further 'enrich' our society.

Yes, why not? Let them all in. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back