Circuit Breaker Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All

Is there a simple way of rigging up an alarm (sound or light) to alert me when a circuit breaker goes? The reason I ask is that about twice a year the circuit for my outside electrics will go and as I have a chest freezer running in my garage unless I notice within hours I end up with a lot of defrosted food.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
You can get plug in units for that purpose, providing its connected to any socket from the relevant mcb it would indicate the mcb going off.

some Mcccb's have option for remote monitoring but i dont recall any mcb's

Thanks for the reply. Don't suppose you could post a link to such a plug in item?

Sponsored Links
i have a emergency light on the front of the garage. if the breaker or rcd trips the light comes on.

As an aside, how many "domestic" CUs have the option of adding aux contacts to breakers ? This would be the ideal option - just add an aux contact to any breakers you want to monitor, and use them to activate a buzzer (or whatever) off a circuit that's not likely to trip without notice (such as an inside lighting circuit).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back