Citroen C5 Diesel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of a silly question this, does anyone know if the 2.0HDI 110BHP has a turbo or not. Friend of mine got one yesterday and wasn't sure. Simple enough thought I, lift the bonnet and we'll take a look............ever seen under the bonnet of one of these.............great if your into plastic covers, not so great if you want to see any of the engine!!

Anyone know???

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Tried that already, can't find anything that say whether it is or not. Unless I'm completely missing something that is

Scrap that................obviously instead of looking at the pages about the C5 itself, the information was in the Citroen Technology pages.........sure why would i have expected it to be in with all the blurb about the car!!!

please note 10 a

Sponsored Links
A turbo gives a distinctive high-pitched sound. I'm yet to hear a turbo diesel car where you can't hear the turbo.

However, according to the Citroen website, the 110bhp HDI is in fact a 1.6, the 2.0 HDi has 138bhp.

69bhp per litre is a fairly typical specific power output for a reasonably nippy petrol car, so it is pretty certain that a diesel engine can only produce these levels of power if turbocharged. To provide a comparison, the original Peugeot 206 GTi had a 2l petrol engine and produced 138bhp, identical to the 2.0HDi of the C5. :idea:

ok first things first.
how old is the car.

the old mark 1 C5 2.0HDI is a 110bhp Turbo deisel

the new mark 2 C5 110bhp is a 1.6 (with the new 2.0 being 136bhp)
incidentely they did do a 2.0HDI 90bhp which also had a turbo (just smaller) (and rubbish)

you should be able to just about hear the turbo whistle if you wind the windows down

i know.. cos i have one.. and i'm paying £1300 to replace the gearbox after 110k :evil: :evil:

Surprised to hear a 2-litre HDi with turbo only producing 90bhp, would have thought that was naturally aspirated, being HDi and all? I'm not disagreeing with you, just surprised!

Gearbox lasted 110K? I don't think I've ever been in a car that's done more than 110K and I've been in some pretty old cars! Still that £1300 is a lot cheaper than if you had been a serial new-car buyer for those 110K miles. ;)

Still that £1300 is a lot cheaper than if you had been a serial new-car buyer for those 110K miles
never thought of it like that!!

was considering trading it in for a new one.. but then i'd prob lose that in one transaction.

thinking about it the 90bhp might not have the turbo.... (old age senility)..(and i'm only 31) ;)
but the 110 Definataly has a turbo.. either that or i've got serious inlet manifold problems. :rolleyes:

I had a Xantia TD and that had 90 hp. Also, the Peugeot 406 HDI (turbo diesel) was available in 90 hp and 110 hp versions - Citroen and Peugeot both being part of the same PSA organisation hence share engines etc.

AdamW said:
I don't think I've ever been in a car that's done more than 110K .

Really ??? I've had motorbikes that managed twice that, never mind cars.

debaldie wrote.

the new mark 2 C5 110bhp is a 1.6 (with the new 2.0 being 136bhp)

The 1.6 110 HDI is more commonly known to us as the TDCI, it being the engine in the Ford Focus.

They also make it in 1.4 as in Fiesta,Pug 206, Citroens C2, Audi A2 and the small Mazda 3.

The full range is 1.4/1.6/1.8/2.0 and 2.2 The main differences of the newer engines being they are common rail and some are intercooled. These engines were a joint venture between Ford and PSA.

The way its going we won't know what make of car were drivng! :eek:

chambsesf

Think you may be right there mate, got mixed with the TDi. :oops: I know there are 5 cars with this 1.4 unit in, I will put my thinking cap back on and think of the other one.

Do the VW and Ford people carriers that have the same engine?

Sponsored Links
Back