Citroen C5 Diesel

D&J - yes, the Ford Galaxy, VW Sharan and Seat Alhambra all share the 1.9 TDi engine, in 115hp and 130 hp variants. In fact, they share just about everything apart from badges as they all roll off the same production line in Portugal.

Oh, and the Sharan is just about the worst car I have ever had, luckily it goes away on thursday never to be seen again..... :LOL:

Sponsored Links
chambsesf said:
Oh, and the Sharan is just about the worst car I have ever had, luckily it goes away on thursday never to be seen again..... :LOL:

To be replaced with a Ford Galaxy? ;)

AdamW said:
I don't think I've ever been in a car that's done more than 110K

See, you should stop disliking the french so much! My 405 was on exactly double that, 220k, when I got rid, and the engine was still sound - I only changed it for the Xantia because it failed the MOT on other bits and pieces.

Those 1.9 diesels really are indestructable.

When I get my license back and start looking for another car, it will be french. Sadly another Xantia might be out of the question given the insurance nightmare I'll be facing, but I'm thinking 206 or C2...

AdamW said:
chambsesf said:

Certainly not - Renault Espace and Toyota Previa are currently top of the list. Can't decide which to go for.

Sponsored Links
ninebob said:
AdamW said:
I don't think I've ever been in a car that's done more than 110K

See, you should stop disliking the french so much!

I'm just jealous of your hydropneumatics :LOL: I can't be bothered to find it here, but I once posted of my love for a Citroen SM, and I still intend to own one, oneday.

Might find that a 206 or C2 isn't so insurance friendly... Insurance companies don't take long to cotton on to the fact that a car is seen as "cool" by teenagers. I could never fully understand insurance. When I was getting my car I investigated the cost of buying and insuring a big old Jag XJ12 5.3litre, and the insurance really wasn't that much more than for my 1.6l Astra. Presumably people who drive Jags don't crash much, so the insurance premium algorithms made it about the cheapest way for a 21-year-old with zero ncb to go very fast. :eek:

chambsesf said:
AdamW said:
chambsesf said:

Certainly not - Renault Espace and Toyota Previa are currently top of the list. Can't decide which to go for.

Personally, I like the look of the Mitsubishi Grandis. It is probably smaller than the two you mention, but I see one quite regularly, and it is very sleek.

AdamW said:
chambsesf said:
AdamW said:
chambsesf said:

Personally, I like the look of the Mitsubishi Grandis. It is probably smaller than the two you mention, but I see one quite regularly, and it is very sleek.

I agree - saw one this morning just outside Stoke, and it looked quite sleek and nice. Not too keen on the colour though - bit of a girlie pink/purple. Need to investigate whether they are on my company car choice list (the last list I have is from June 2004 which, I think, was written pre-Grandis launch)

The lack of a diesel puts me off a bit though.

Ok back in work now so can check this again!! Seems to have started a bit of a discussion from the original question.....

So it's a '03 2.0HDi, the 110BHP model (level 2???).

Actually seems like quite a nice car, though I've only been in it the once so my experience is kind of lacking somewhat. Little slow off the lights but then I guess you'd probably expect that from a diesel lump but once away it does seem to pull pretty well. Loads of toys on it too which I suppose is fine while they all work. Was talking to the guy who owns it last night and he says he is expecting somewhere around 630-650 miles out of a full tank of the oily stuff........sounds like a fair few miles to me

ahh. same car as me.
yeah i get 530 miles before the fuel light comes on. thats through valleys and single carriage ways.
the fuel light comes on with 9 litres left in the 70 litre tank.. so works out about 45 to the gallon. which isnt bad. ive done 250miles on 1/4 of a tank by taking it really easy on the motorway. cant knowck that for a car with so much weight.
plus car pulls on to 110 mph easily.. (not that i'd know mr police man) ;)

Quite impressive mpg, most of his travelling, well in fact pretty much all of it, is "motorway" driving (in inverted commas as the motorways over here are a little............different lets say to what you would be used to in the UK).

And for what seems to be a pretty heavy car there is a fair amount of poke in it....

Where abouts in Plymouth DB??....................lived in St. Budeaux for 26 years!! moved away in '96

peverell/pennycross mullin.
my sis lives in st budeaux though
the c5 is a perfect car for the drive to redruth every day.
as i said the 520/600 is through the gyln valley etc.. and if you know the roads down here you'll know that the mpg is great.

they wouldn't be the best roads for fuel economy alright........not that a few of us used to get together and see who could get from the Tamar Bridge (used to live in Pemros Road, when it was the main route, well the only route in fact, to the Tamar Bridge) to Newquay first........now that sort of thing never happened at all........ah the impetuousness of youth!!

lol
should be able to do that in less than 40 mins these days.

dum de dum,, (whistle)

I suppose that 40minutes is just what you've heard?? Nothing that you would ever think of trying!!

Still I think half the fun back in my youff was the added thrill of whether the car would actually make it to Newquay in the first place!!

lol.
i know the feeling. thats why i bought the citroen. alledgedly more reliable.... unfortunately see my other posts.. the gerbox has packed up. ouch, :cry:

Sponsored Links
Back