climate change eh!

Sponsored Links
You're right. Let's continue to buy all our gas from Russia. Much cleaner.

Oh, but aren't we just about to declare war on them?

http://tiny.cc/rmv5bx

Nah, the Ukraine has its own weaponry. No need for us. :mrgreen:

You know that, I know that, but try telling our politicians to keep their noses out. I'm sure some of them think we're still the world's policeman. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
No.. to protect the environment from being destroyed by the greed of man.

No.. to protect the environment from being destroyed by the greed of man.

Why is it greed???
It's just using natural resources to man's advantage.
If people hadn't exploited coal and oil reserves, we'd sttill be living in the Middle Ages.

What natural resources?
There's hardly any left. :rolleyes:

Things are desperate when fracking is being proposed in the UK.

What natural resources?
There's hardly any left. :rolleyes:

Things are desperate when fracking is being proposed in the UK.

There's plenty left - it's just that a lot of the oil is in unstable countries,
and the coal here which lies beneath our feet, we have forbidden ourselves to use.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
The mining museum where I help out had, when it was closed in 1970, about 65,000,000 tons of workable coal remaining. That's 70 or 80 years of extraction at what was the current rate.

That's just one mine.

Yes, there's plenty of coal still down there, and probably a good deal more that hasn't been located yet.

The only reason we're not making use of it is due to eco-warriors dictating to us and persuading naive governments that we will destroy the planet.

They seem oblivious to the goings-on in China and America.

in America and how it has given cheaper gas.
I'll bet ours won't be.

Remember free nuclear and cheap North Sea gas.

Well in fairness, North Sea oil and gas was cheap, but as it has become more difficult to extract the price to get it ashore has inevitably increased, but we must not forget the serious imposition of tax and duty.

I do not remember anyone saying that nuclear would be free, but I still think it is the route to go down.

How much do you think we would be paying if we hadn't had those two resources.?
The same - because despite all the promises (of free nuclear and cheap gas - there were such if you are too young to remember) they charged us the world market price despite the resources being in Britain.

How much do you think we would be paying if we hadn't had those two resources.?
The same - because despite all the promises (of free nuclear and cheap gas - there were such if you are too young to remember) they charged us the world market price despite the resources being in Britain.

Well anobium, I am certainly old enough to remember the first nuclear power station at what was then Calder Hall, and whilst it was suggested that it would give us cheaper electricity, it was never promised to be free, gas was certainly cheaper when the field off the coast of East Yorkshire came on stream, piped into Skipsea, but that ran out many moons ago

Sponsored Links
Back