Climate: The Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
You watched a film about climate change, you’ve made zero effort to

1) to check the source or funding

2) you made effort to actually check any of the claims made in the film which contains dozens of myths and falsehoods.

Instead of attacking other people, please go back and research your own claims

Here is a challenge for you, because you are obviously very knowledgeable about this subject and can help us to understand what you know:

Provide links to peer reviewed research papers by suitably qualified scientists where they categorically conclude that climate change is,
via CO2 emissions, definitely caused by human activity and that human activity is definitely a significant contributor. Requirements:

- must be from serious scientific journals, not YouTube, science magazines, newspapers, blogs or televsision.
- must be work published by people with advanced degrees in the natural sciences and professorships in scientific disciplines. Extra marks if these are in physics.
- must express the same level of certainty that you are yourself claiming. Words like "might", "may", "could", "possibly" and "probably" shouldn't be featuring if this is a settled matter.
- the IPCC Reports to Policy Makers don't count
because they are inaccurate brochures for dummies like Sunak and Starmer, although you may use the scientific reports that precede these.

I know you're really passionate about this subject, and very knowledgeable about it, so am looking forward to digging into the rigorous scientific research supporting your claims. Do please observe the above requirements though.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Here is a challenge for you, because you are obviously very knowledgeable about this subject and can help us to understand what you know:

Provide links to peer reviewed research papers by suitably qualified scientists where they categorically conclude that climate change is,
via CO2 emissions, definitely caused by human activity and that human activity is definitely a significant contributor. Requirements:

- must be from serious scientific journals, not YouTube, science magazines, newspapers, blogs or televsision.
- must be work published by people with advanced degrees in the natural sciences and professorships in scientific disciplines. Extra marks if these are in physics.
- must express the same level of certainty that you are yourself claiming. Words like "might", "may", "could", "possibly" and "probably" shouldn't be featuring if this is a settled matter.
- the IPCC Reports to Policy Makers don't count
because they are inaccurate brochures for dummies like Sunak and Starmer, although you may use the scientific reports that precede these.

I know you're really passionate about this subject, and very knowledgeable about it, so am looking forward to digging into the rigorous scientific papers supporting your claims. Do please observe the above requirements though.
"must be from serious scientific journals, not YouTube, science magazines, newspapers, blogs or televsision."

So youve discredited your own evidence completely? -"climate the movie" is not a serious scientific journal

"Provide links to peer reviewed research papers by suitably qualified scientists"

discredits your own evidence -"climate the movie" is an opinion piece

must express the same level of certainty that you are yourself claiming
where have I express certainty?

I have expressed certainty that "climate the movie" contains myths and misinformation

I am happy to provide the evidence you have asked for, but first you need to acknowledge, your own evidence and claims fall way way below your criteria set for me.

Once you have discounted the evidence you have put forward, so we are on a level playing field, I will be happy to present my argument

must express the same level of certainty that you are yourself claiming. Words like "might", "may", "could", "possibly" and "probably" shouldn't be featuring if this is a settled matter.
I presume you can provide a total level of certainty that climate change is not the result of human activity.

I look forward to your peer reviewed evidence, where Words like "might", "may", "could", "possibly" and "probably" shouldn't be featuring if this is a settled matter.

by the way, Ive not stated "a level of certainty" on climate change -I have provided a level of certainty that "climate the movie contains myths and false information

you are desperately setting up a logical fallacy

Sponsored Links
The biggest evidence I can show you why its all a con to tax you more.
Tell me then why then if it is such an existential threat to humanity - as described by many governments and institutions world wide- then why does the world governments not just give us all free EV cars/transport - fit free solar panels fit free ground heat source pumps, insulation. A world commitment to create the money needed without affecting stability of markets and currency values.
Weak strawman

And not evidence

By the way Western govts can’t do what you say, they need a mandate from the voters.
Then why don't they ask for one

Last edited:
Seven million people die each year from illnesses attributable to air pollution,

Lahore is the world's most polluted city and that picture gives me an impression of how it must've looked in Manchester during the mid-19th century, when people had to walk through choking smog every day. Nobody remembers now how things used to be as the air quality in this country has greatly improved. In Europe, results published in
Yes everyone wants clean air and water none has an argument against that.
Yes we do - but too many people pi$$ n whine about the costs of doing so.
Labour made a big mistake in announcing the withdrawal of their Green policy before the election.
Labour did it because they know that most people think its bul crap and it will looses them votes. Since the covid and vax lies people have woken up to the crap being told them by governments about global boiling -- was climate change -- was global warming -- was a hokey-stick and started off as an iceage, so we are going to have to tax you to save the world, mean while we - the elite will carry on flying around in out private jets and giant yachts whilst we make you ever poorer, and left to die in cold homes.

Since the covid and vax lies
the lies being told are from anti vaxxers

people who support: brexit, climate change denial, covid sceptics -are the same audience

it is the people who are persuaded by emotive slogans, conspiracy theories they lack the ability think critically

because Western governments are lobbied by fossil fuel industry more than they are by green lobby
Then the global huge threat to humanity, existential threat to humanity global boiling - the seas dying all have to be bull crap otherwise world governments would do it. Even the green party's still want to tax everyone to pay for alternatives when they could just press a button and create the money

people who support: brexit, climate change denial, covid sceptics -are the same audience
And you have the evidence for that or it it just your gut feeling. - oh and you missed Trump supporters

:rolleyes: it is the people who are persuaded by emotive slogans, they lack the ability think critically
You mean like
global huge threat to humanity,
existential threat to humanity
global boiling -
the seas dying
Them kind of emotive slogans - them what you mean.

Then the global huge threat to humanity, existential threat to humanity global boiling - the seas dying all have to be bull crap otherwise world governments would do it.
strawman argument

Putin invading Ukraine is an existential threat to the West.....but all theye done is prevaricate

the oil industry is worth $4trillion a year, it has great power to lobby governments

And you have the evidence for that or it it just your gut feeling. - oh and you missed Trump supporters
the people on this thread that are climate deniers are also brexit voters and anti vaxxers

and yes some of them are Trump supporters too

thank you for agreeing with me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back