Clocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Significant difference between 27° N (Southern most latitude of the EU) and 70° N (Northern most latitude of the EU) very very significant difference in daylight hours between the seasons between the 2. The latter being no daylight of in the depths of winter.

That's not really true. The further north you are the longer it stays light in the Summer anyway without changing the clocks.

Open yer bleeding mind ! Research why it was reversed after it was abolished. ...then say it's not true you blinkered minded fool.
It goes the other way too I think kids were having to go to school in the dark ! And accident rates went up !!

Sponsored Links
It's been soddin tried and it didn't Soddin work !!! End of !

Open yer bleeding mind ! Research why it was reversed after it was abolished. ...then say it's not true you blinkered minded fool.
It goes the other way too I think kids were having to go to school in the dark ! And accident rates went up !!
I wasn't arguing about why it was reversed, but commenting on your incorrect statement -

British summer time is fine contemplate why it was brought in its a sensible thing because of our geographical position !
The geographical position of Britain is not relevant to why BST was brought in.

Chill out, it's just a clock movement!

I've got no time for this nonsense !!!! Just thought I'd like to rattle some cages and see what tries to bite .....I'm actually laughing at some of the insults I've bandied about ........really not trying to be offensive just antagonistic towards some on here !

I wasn't arguing about why it was reversed, but commenting on your incorrect statement -

The geographical position of Britain is not relevant to why BST was brought in.

Ok why was it abolished and then reestated ? You will find its because of the problems it was causing. And why was it causing problems ? Research it and try tell me why I'm incorrect. Over to you.

Ok why was it abolished and then reestated ? You will find its because of the problems it was causing. And why was it causing problems ? Research it and try tell me why I'm incorrect. Over to you.
It was BST all year that was abolished because it resulted in the mornings being dark until too late in the Winter, especially in Scotland.

So, what is it that you think was abolished and then reinstated?

Did accident rates go up?, by how much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back