CO alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think attitude is 2 way

Why bother asking of you know all the answers?

I understand perfectly the role of Gas Safe, having been on the register since inception.
If you care to look at page 3 , note 4 you will see GS's interpretation and guidance:
https://engineers.gassaferegister.co.uk/doc/FluesInVoids/TB 008Ed 3 - Existing concealed room-sealed fanned-draught boiler chimney - flue systems - 1 April 2013.pdf

"A new install? Does this mean in a new build house? A new 'install'? Does this mean also in an existing property? These are simple questions"

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/co-alarm.456744/#ixzz44nB2tPDO
"New install" is pretty clear. New boiler and flue fitted in any premises.

Good luck with finding the complete kit for £50

I assume this is going to be a DIY job.?

Stop ruining the fun

I wanted him to find out on his own that TB 008 doesn't cover new installations
Nor does Baxi noco
Nor does anyone box in th flue elbow

The guy is a troll

Sorry.:(

Sponsored Links
I think attitude is 2 way
Why bother asking of you know all the answers?

I understand perfectly the role of Gas Safe, having been on the register since inception.
If you care to look at page 3 , note 4 you will see GS's interpretation and guidance:
https://engineers.gassaferegister.co.uk/doc/FluesInVoids/TB 008Ed 3 - Existing concealed room-sealed fanned-draught boiler chimney - flue systems - 1 April 2013.pdf
Look at the top of page 3. BTW, Gas Safe are NOT the building regs. Only the Building regs matter. Baxi are clear that hatches need NOT be fitted if a CO detector is used.

I asked if a normal CO ceiling alarm was acceptable and received an answer and said thanks. That was all I needed. The rest? Well none of you know it appears, clearly not you. You can't even interpret the Gas Safe stuff you linked to or the Baxi links.

As the thread went on, I did ask if any unit was available rather than a Baxi and no one responded.

Another point that came up that was not answered. A 4 metre flue run in a duct where one end of an elbow joint is hidden in the duct. The other end is on view. One thinks it is OK and no inspection hatches or CO detector lockout is needed. He may be right. I asked if that was so and got no reply.

One says the radio link drops out on the Baxi detector. He does not state how far it is from the control unit or if metal is between. Radio links only a foot or so apart tend to have no problem.

If these Baxi units are a poorly made disaster, it would be well known by now.

Sponsored Links
As I pointed out earlier you already know all the answers so do crack on

A boiler with flue elbow/turret on clear view with concentric flue going through wall into adjacent room and terminating to outside , concentric flue is being cased in where it runs through adjacent room to outside , where is this elbow you keep harping on about?
As I said , carry on and fit the NOCO as I couldn't give a rats arse , I tried to help earlier on in this thread but you appear to have an attitude problem...now do yourself a favour and **** you ***********..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Ray Tay , your style of posting is very similar to another member who goes by the name of Bengasman.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back