Colour

Ask someone this (Do not write it down just ask verbally)

If a brick weighs 7 pounds and half a brick then what does a brick and a half weigh

3 half bricks?

Or as half a brick weighs 7lb, then 21lb

Sponsored Links

If a brick weighs 7 pounds and half a brick then what does a brick and a half weigh

You could use kilos instead of pounds if you`re young enough.

or for us oldies (again verbally only)

Which is greater six dozen dozen or half a dozen dozen?

I`ll be back with more "ten penny shots" as my junior School head used to call them - 10 quick questions to test us - He`d suddenly burst into a class and announce it was tenpenny shot time.

It kept us on our toes but we remembered him affectionally

stated weight of brick 7lbs (the half a brick at this point is immeterial)
7 lbs plus half of stated weight = 10.5 lbs

6 dozen dozen = 864

but if that half dozen were a bakers dozen then it would be = 936

Wotan

You could use kilos instead of pounds if you`re young enough.

or for us oldies (again verbally only)

Which is greater six dozen dozen or half a dozen dozen?

I`ll be back with more "ten penny shots" as my junior School head used to call them - 10 quick questions to test us - He`d suddenly burst into a class and announce it was tenpenny shot time.

It kept us on our toes but we remembered him affectionally

the pedant in me made me say this.

due to the lack of punctuation,

the statement reads
If a brick weighs 7 pounds and half a brick

the answer is 7lbs

Two points to secure spark.

As I said ask it verbally and say it not too slowly (although you don`t need to say it impossibly fast either).

When written it`s that much easier.

A brick wieghs 7 pounds and half a brick.

1 brick = 7Lb + 0.5 Brick

X = 7 + 0.5X.

-----------

6 Doz Doz is 12 times greater than 0.5 doz doz but when said verbally most folk think of half a doz being six so both are equal.

Sponsored Links
Another one best done verbally _

Many will have heard it.

As I was going to St Ives,
I met a man with 7 wives.
Each Wife had 7 sacks.
Each sack had 7 Cats.
Each cat had 7 Kits.

Kits Kats Sacks and Wives, how many were going to St Ives?

Correct 21 pounds

If a Brick weighs 7 pounds + 0.5 Bricks.
then 1 brick = 14 Pounds.
1.5 Bricks = 21 pounds

Hello.

Regarding St Ives :rolleyes: , is it 1 ?, as the others are travelling 'out' of St Ives.

Ed

Hello.

Regarding St Ives :rolleyes: , is it 1 ?, as the others are travelling 'out' of St Ives.

Ed

That`s what me grandad said it was.
Mind you I always argued they all could be travelling there and he overtook them or vice versa

I'm still trying to work out how you walk 1m south, 1m east, 1m north and end up where you started from!
Surely you would be 1m east of where you started from because you didn't walk 1m west?
Which means that if you only thought you were back where you started from are you sure you didn't just think you saw a bear?

I'm still trying to work out how you walk 1m south, 1m east, 1m north and end up where you started from!
Surely you would be 1m east of where you started from because you didn't walk 1m west?
Which means that if you only thought you were back where you started from are you sure you didn't just think you saw a bear?

you start at the north pole

can you walk east or west from the north pole?

I'm with Conny, nobody mentioned walking a mile west. If you don't go west you don't end up where you started. And, if you don't say where you're starting from the whole thing is a waste of time because it could be anywhere in the world.
Pointless post.

Does not matter as you would not see any bears there anyways white/black or whatever colour its too far north by about 100 miles and there is nothing to eat

I'm with Conny, nobody mentioned walking a mile west. If you don't go west you don't end up where you started. And, if you don't say where you're starting from the whole thing is a waste of time because it could be anywhere in the world.
Pointless post.

Yes you do

If you are standing at the exact point of the North Pole, then whichever way you walk, you are travelling South.

That's how we know where he started from.

Sponsored Links
Back