BRIGHT LIGHT OVERHEAD

How many meters per second is Mach 10?

Almost impossible to answer, unless you know what height the object travelling at Mach 10 is at. The speed of sound varies with the height the object is at, and the temperature of the air. ;)

Thank you, Professor Bleeding Obvious. Here, have a medal for least clued in poster in thread..

Sponsored Links
I use 1100 feet/second because I'm lazy, so with 3.28 feet/meter and 11,000 feet/second you have 11,000 feet/second x 1 meter/3.28 feet. The feet cancel out so it is dimensionally correct and you're left with 3400 meters/second.

You seem to want to reject the null hypothesis which is "I am not full of caca." :D :D
If you reject it when you should have accepted it, it is a type I error - a false positive, and a type II error is a false negative.
Don't forget that both errors cannot be minimized at the same time.

Make your case.

Of course, no one can prove a negative so I myself cannot prove that I am not full of caca, assuming one is either full or not full of caca.

BTW, my BMI is too high so I'm trying to lose weight and so I need to make sense of my varying indicated weight and my food intake and my energy output in order to come up with a regimen that works.
One of the variables is that, at present, I assume I am full of about 10 kg. of caca, but I could be wrong. :(

Always a pleasure, Monkeh. . .:)

So, I really am curious, what do you find so fun about.. well, about being a pointless ****ing moron on the internet?

So, I really am curious, what do you find so fun about.. well, about being a pointless ****ing moron on the internet?
You are way too emotionally invested in what I post. It's just words on a screen.
Dude, don't pop a blood vessel, at least not on my watch.

Sponsored Links
Thank you, Professor Bleeding Obvious. Here, have a medal for least clued in poster in thread..
Mr. Scott, you are getting dumped on because you intentionally or unintentionally took a bullet that was meant for me.

Almost impossible to answer, unless you know what height the object travelling at Mach 10 is at. The speed of sound varies with the height the object is at, and the temperature of the air. ;)

What about a medal for least clued question?

We got the full monty on display here at Filton, they now have the funding for a permanent museum hanger.

http://concordeatfilton.org.uk/[/QUOTE]

As do we http://www.nms.ac.uk/our_museums/mu..._see_and_do/concorde/concorde_experience.aspx
;)

Ah but we built the things down here - In fact the last full aircraft to be assembled on the aerospace patch at Filton / Patchway was G-BOAF
Parked at Filton since her return 26th Nov. 2003.
I saw her out of Filton, and watched her return - awesome machines.

Mach numbers cropping up... Here is a nugget re: Concord(e).
...Taking in air at speeds up to Mach 2.2, the intake has to deliver it in an even flow to the face of the engine at a speed of Mach 0.5. So, at supersonic cruise, there is a four-fold deceleration of the intake air from (approx') 1,350mph to about 350mph in the length of the intake, a distance of 11ft...

-0-

... I was trying to figure out what sort of useless tosser Porque is. Seems I may have found another like him. I'm well aware of what Mach is, and how useless it is as a measure of speed.

... I was trying to figure out what sort of useless t****r Porque is. Seems I may have found another like him. I'm well aware of what Mach is, and how useless it is as a measure of speed.

I disagree with you re. useless as a measure of speed, I worked on Lightnings for five years, their top speed was mach 2.1, if it flew faster than this the airframe would disintegrate, so via the pitot tube stuck out at the front, the jockey had no other means of knowing what speed he was doing, at this speed he would not only have to come out of reheat but also throttle back.

Once they had control of the A/C again they would glance out of the window to get their bearings, the favorite was the A14 back to Stowmarket then hang a right for Wattisham. :LOL: :LOL:

I disagree with you re. useless as a measure of speed, I worked on Lightnings for five years, their top speed was mach 2.1

And again I shall make my point: How fast is Mach 2.1?

I disagree with you re. useless as a measure of speed, I worked on Lightnings for five years, their top speed was mach 2.1

And again I shall make my point: How fast is Mach 2.1?

About 1,600 MPH at sea level.

Because your Lightning could do Mach 2.1 at sea level.

He didn't say that. Mach 2.1 will be a different speed in mph at altitude. I can't work out the actual speed right now, but I'm sure someone will.

He didn't say that. Mach 2.1 will be a different speed in mph at altitude. I can't work out the actual speed right now, but I'm sure someone will.

Point missed once more.

Mach is only useful aerodynamically.

Sponsored Links
Back