Commercial Boiler fitted in a house?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO ONE HERE and that includes you, have countered what I have put forward. All the plumbers have done is throw insults as they have no to little knowledge or know-how. They all say it is too big when it went down to 12 kilowatts and now we know it can go down to 5 kilowatts. Only a fool would recommend selling this new boiler and spend a fortune on a small boiler that does no more.

Sponsored Links
How it gets down to 5kW is beyond your abilities me ol' mucker.

Insults only started getting thrown because there was little else to do whilst waiting for you to answer basic questions.

Still waiting.... how many days a year will a house need its rated heat loss?

You have "countered" precisely squat. that is in your imagination - along with your (I presume) 40 odd degree delta across your MANIFOLD.

Have you actually measured it?

Perhaps you can tell us what S1 and S2 are reporting on your combi in heating mode?

How it gets down to 5kW is beyond your abilities me ol' mucker.
You want to bet! Boilers are not rocket ships.

Insults only started with YOU. The one who said he needs an expensive pump when one is in the boiler. Yerrrr

He needs to fit a low-loss header using smart pumps for the heating circuits. Of course he needs to size up the header. As a guide a self made 35mm one will do it in his 5 bed house. I would just put a 35mm header in to be sure.

No answer here then Dom?....

How much efficiency do you gain from the modern modulating gas boilers pedalled these days?
And how much do you loose from a slightly over sized one?
Since all the top gun gas men seem to crawling out off the woodwork then maybe someone will give an answer. (NOT)

What does it equate to in £££££ each year? Or should I say pennies? :LOL:
And of course factor in the fact that they only last about 10 years then its off to china on a boat trip. (laff out loud)

Just like the modern heat pumps with invertors, the extra cost of the expensive controls that give a lot of trouble make any saving negligible I would think.

How is it suitably qualified engineers can make big over sized non modulating oil boilers super efficient and you top gun gas men struggle to make combi's efficient in two up, two down council estate terraced hovels? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
To be honest there's every chance that it won't go down to 5 as it's not the same heat exchanger or gas train that SM is used to, insinuating that the appliance can be modified to suit a need was rather stupid, what happens in his own home is very irrelevant to what is posted on a forum!

He's been told by the manufacturer who won't really car as he's got a £1500 quid boiler when he needs a £700 one that it won't be suitable, he doesn't need to know anymore than that. Should he listen to someone that uses google to pretend to know what's what, I doubt it.

Its why people end up with crap like these that don't work

View media item 60804

Yes pal really, is it the same hex and gas train as the domestic ones where you can get them to behave at input pressure that are ridiculously low??? Or where you can play with fan speed and other such software controlled items to get a better modulation??

Here's not the place to discuss it as you well know, next time I'm down, come play with those two and see how low they'll go, both are shot and they won't replace so it won't harm em.

I don't need to play with the two you are talking about as plenty on the sites we visit.

As said if this were my boiler being fitted in my property then I would tweek software , although had you read the post properly you would notice I didn't suggest how it is done just that it can be done. ;)

As you well know Lee I have more experience with the vaillant brand of boilers than you have due to the amount of time I spend messing around with them. ;)

Are you saying the gas train is different between the 37kw ecotec and the 45kw? , me thinks not , similar gas valve/fan/venturi/burner/heat engine (although not plastic)/air snorkel.

xxx.. ;)

Yes Adam. I'm saying that the parts are not at all the same between the 37kw boiler and the 46kw.
The 46kw uses an entirely different gas valve to any of the 24-37kw models and the fan is the same fan as the Eco Tec exclusive 838 which is again different to any fan in the 24-37range.

So yes pal, different gas train! Depends how you want to describe similar, is a Capri and a Veyron similar in that they're both cars all beit are set to run completely different?

X

The gas train is the same but bigger, although the 65kw hex is bigger (double bubble). We have loads of em on the books.

Nope it's not, different parts barry. It's an 838fan for starters.

Fan190248, gas valve 053556.

If you can get 10:1 turn down, you should work at belper in design.

Nope it's not, different parts barry. It's an 838fan for starters.
If you can get 10:1 turn down, you should work at belper in design.

Sorry mate should've said same design but bigger (and uses different parts). They don't design much in belper now; mostly done in France/Germany.

Turndown ratio is a tad different than manually forcing the burner into a lower modulation , as you well know Lee I have 'come across' a 637 that decided it wanted to be a 612 ;) , Turndown ratio was still 3:1 albeit @ a lower input rating , worked absolutely fine @ 4kw low rate as opposed to 12/13kw low rate ;) , combustion analysis confirmed this , although DM makes.a good point regarding the low output boilers being forced into high output (612 thinking its a 637) due to overheat issues/thermal fuse although I have tried every which way as you know. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back