Common Sense at last.

Sponsored Links
In our area they don't seem to have the resources to police anything, other than motoring offences.

Sponsored Links
When I chased the cops about my door this week, I went though a long list of questions with them. This time they asked me if I was targeted because of ethnicity, sexuality, appearance whatever (can't remember exact wording). I said I presumed not, but would that put me higher up the queue. The copper said yes, pretty much.

All about ticking boxes.

This time they asked me if I was targeted because of ethnicity, sexuality, appearance whatever (can't remember exact wording). I said I presumed not, but would that put me higher up the queue. The copper said yes, pretty much.
Not a crime,but some guy I worked with wanted to join the Fire Brigade, someone already in the job advised him to put that he was gay, which would greatly help as white heterosexual males were far down the list of ideal applicants.

Note what she actually says - "We don't have the resources to police things which are not crimes".

I'd be interested to know who has been telling chief constables which crimes to prioritise in the past and why now has Sarah Thornton has had an epiphany moment about no longer policing non-crimes.

Interesting that she focuses on misogyny but doesn't mention misandry - isn't that, in itself, sex-discrimination?

I'd be interested to know who has been telling chief constables which crimes to prioritise in the past .
It seems to be up to them.

You will see from the link to the ex CC of Nottinghamshire (another woman) that -

"Under her leadership, Nottinghamshire has become the first police force to class misogyny as a hate crime. This includes unwanted or uninvited sexual advances, physical or verbal assault, unwanted or uninvited physical or verbal contact or engagement, and use of mobile phones to send unwanted or uninvited messages or take photographs without consent." .

Again, not mysandry as well. Oh well.

Apart from that, though, I do not understand what some of those things have to do with hate.

Or is it just down to the recipient to say she hates it?

Back to the politics of confusion.

It seems to be up to them.

You will see from the link to the ex CC of Nottinghamshire (another woman) that -

"Under her leadership, Nottinghamshire has become the first police force to class misogyny as a hate crime. This includes unwanted or uninvited sexual advances, physical or verbal assault, unwanted or uninvited physical or verbal contact or engagement, and use of mobile phones to send unwanted or uninvited messages or take photographs without consent." .

Again, not mysandry as well. Oh well.

Apart from that, though, I do not understand what some of those things have to do with hate.

Or is it just down to the recipient to say she hates it?

Back to the politics of confusion.
I suppose in cases like that French woman at the cafe who was hit, perhaps there should be laws.
While misandry should also be a hate crime if misogyny is, I would suspect hate crimes against men by women are few and far between.

Everything has to have a special label, these days.

That family guilty of all those burglaries; were they all just burglaries?

Could they have been racist burglaries if the property was owned by a black person?
A misogiynistic-hate-crime-burglary if owned by a woman?
A transphobic-hate-crime-burglary if owned by an LGBTQSSXYZ person?
Just an understandable-brought-about-by-a-difficult-childhood-due-to-coming-from-a-broken-home-burglary if owned by a straight white bloke?

Who's a cynic?

Sponsored Links
Back