Conduit cable exit

Does the gland screw into the thread then?
Yes.

I was planning on using plastic conduit,
Ah....

As I'm pretty sure the plastic U box's don't have thread.
They don't.

You might be able to use a female adapter fixed to the box via a short length of conduit - a gland would probably screw into that.

If you don't want to use metal, why not put (e.g.) a Wiska box at high level, cables entering the bottom, one from the camera cable through a gland and the one going into the garage in flexi conduit, again with a drip loop, but entering the wall at high level, not running down it?

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for all the help.

I have picked up a compression gland, and wondering how to use it correctly.

Does the little plastic ring go inside first, then the rubber seal on top, then screw the 2nd half in tight to make the compressed joint?

Thanks
Adam

If true IP why not use POE to run it, or is it a cheapie?
Apparently it's a wireless camera that still needs a wire for the power supply. Can't see the point of that at all.

It most likely was obtained in a DIY shop and produces images which are so poor, you wouldn't even recognise yourself in the video, never mind anyone else.
Can't see any point in your post either tbh.

How do you expect to power any wireless camera in this case then? Batteries?

YES Batteries. Very astute.
Although have used wireless with local power to cams.
Crapola with frequencies used with cheapo kit, too much other stuff sitting on the same. Bleed over is dire.

As above bet the pic is dire and in low lux not worth having!

Sponsored Links
It goes together in the same way that it came apart.

I actual fact, its the way shown in your picture.
I wouldn't know? (Pic below) But thanks for confirming.

If true IP why not use POE to run it, or is it a cheapie?
Apparently it's a wireless camera that still needs a wire for the power supply. Can't see the point of that at all.

It most likely was obtained in a DIY shop and produces images which are so poor, you wouldn't even recognise yourself in the video, never mind anyone else.
Can't see any point in your post either tbh.

How do you expect to power any wireless camera in this case then? Batteries?

YES Batteries. Very astute.
Although have used wireless with local power to cams.
Crapola with frequencies used with cheapo kit, too much other stuff sitting on the same. Bleed over is dire.

As above bet the pic is dire and in low lux not worth having!

I created this thread for help with conduit, not with choosing a camera. I will be sure to let you know afterwards if it serves its purpose for what it will be used for.

I await your 3rd useless post, now please get back up your own arse.

:D :D

Adam 9- Flameport might 'just' have done what you intended many 100's of times, in real life.

Yes, maybe the comms is a bit prickly, but do consider what he says. The whole idea of CCTV is provension (a dummy camera works as well as a sh1te one), filming and evidence gathering in a reasonable resolution preferably with water marking of event time and date.

If your going to do it, then do it well and the installation takes no more effort be the camera a £30 item or a £300. As for IP, the single lead powered ones where you need a small hub to send the power to the camera are without doubt the best way to retain a working powered up unit 24/7 x 365.

Some things are best done well.

I've heard tell of people with main meter boxes that are external simply having the suppliers fuse pulled pre doing their nasty work- where's your suppliers intake ?

Have you considered double point, so one camera can cover the other and avoid the dead zones a single unit affords ?

Have you discussed the work with the council and the police safety teams for positioning, and legality (if showing a public path or road side).

They can also confirm model types and functions that are useable should a bad deed be caught on camera. I believe the water mark requirement is essential in most areas.

Off site storage is prudent, what would happen if the nicked the pc that the ip cam connects to ?

Anyway, please wind your neck in and accept that even if some charm was missed from responses, they are still valid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back