Confusion with "no call out charge"

That all depends on the frequency of the "odd part being returned" My merchant has no quibbles with me as I have been a customer for over 12 years and it is the odd part, however that only comes with experience and yes I had a lot more odd parts to return a decade ago :oops:

Pete

• Thanks
Reactions: JLD
Sponsored Links
Cheers for the advise, am not as experienced with running the business side of my business as the bloke I used to work with done it all before.
Graham's will take parts back but there a nightmare for getting the part next day and always have to phone manufacturer as the part number I give them out the M.Is is never correct.
Found p.c quite good , always get it by 7.30 next day!
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Best not to charge a "Call-out charge" at all personally i prefer to call it a "Travel & Mileage Charge" - this can be applied to each and every job you attend no argument or misconceptions ;)

As a customer. I would assume no call out charge meant that you were offering to come out and give a "free" estimate having had a chance to look at the job.
That would be an attractive proposition to me but would leave you at risk of my then seeking further quotes, and perhaps having gained better understanding of my fault.
Business wise. It is a judgement of your ability to convert the personal contact to a sale.
It depends on your style of gaining prospective business but does allay the customets fear of being charged as soon as somebody arrives and who then may charge an exorbitant amount.
The key is to be confident that you can offer a good overall deal to the customer and convince them that delay will not get them a better deal.

I advertise a no call out fee, no weekend fee and no VAT.

But I do not attend call outs at night. But do charge double for emergency call outs on bank holiday days.

I also advertise a we guarantee to beat any written quote. No one has ever tested this. I normally attend, quote and get the job. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back