Confusion with "no call out charge"

JLD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, would like to know your views.
I run a one man band plumbing and heating company and advertise "no call out charge" however customers are believing that I will go to them and carry out diagnosis work to tell the there boiler fault for no charge.
I then explain that I don't charge when I don't do any work. I.e the boiler has fixed itself, the supplier has given me the wrong part, the customer isn't in etc! Is this being reasonable or am I miss selling my self?
Advise appreciated
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I then explain that I don't charge when I don't do any work. I.e the boiler has fixed itself, the supplier has given me the wrong part, the customer isn't in etc!

That's fair enough.

But that's nothing to do with no call out charge.
Call out charge is when they put say £30 on top of their hourly rate for being called out at a click of a finger.

Oh right, makes sense. I will also say this then. Cheers

Fair enough no fee for no work but soon as you diagnose fault or do any work thats chargable at your houly rate.

Fuel cost, parking etc should all be in your hourly rate

• Thanks
Reactions: JLD
Sponsored Links
What does no call out charge actually mean to the customer? That they can get you out at no cost and decide from there. It confuses them that you'd turn up and not do anything, so to them there is no difference between you and a guy that charges a call out charge. They need to pay either guy in order to get a diagnosis. I'd take it off your ad tbh because all you're doing is attracting people who think they're getting something for nothing.

• Thanks
They are probably thinking you will charge for the fix of any problem with no charge for finding it

• Thanks
No fix no fee.?
Would you not charge for part if wrong diagnostics or just labour? Or would you take part back off?

Why should the customer pay anything for you replacing the wrong part?

I've narrowed faults down to say Pcb or Pcb relay using ideal for help they told me it was the relay when it was actually the Pcb.why should I pay for the relay? Yea 90% of the time you can guarantee the cause but not always. Unless your a magician and know all boilers inside out? Anyone else not charge customer ?

I've narrowed faults down to say Pcb or Pcb relay using ideal for help they told me it was the relay when it was actually the Pcb.why should I pay for the relay? Yea 90% of the time you can guarantee the cause but not always. Unless your a magician and know all boilers inside out? Anyone else not charge customer ?

are you for real?

Do you have supplier that takes the odd part back? You can't tell me you get it right 1st time 100%

Sponsored Links
Back