Conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a Semi-detached, my neighbour has recently had a glass on three sides conservatory built on a dawrf wall, my question is, as the conservatory is only 200mm from my boundary, should the wall alongside the boundary be fire rated i.e a brick wall to the full height of the conservatory, or is what they have done compliant?

I assume the whole job was passed of by a FENSA Contractor, but i don't know for sure, and if there is a problem I want it sorted, before in later years it causes me a problem when selling my property

It's also a bit of a Dog to look at

Any thoughts or advice will be greatly recieved :confused:

Sponsored Links
Conservatories are building reg's exempt, though the glazing still needs to adhere to safety standards. Are there any openable lights on the boundary side?

Why don't you build a wall or a fence to screen it?

By the way, fensa registered companies are not in a position to pass jack all.

Being screwed shut is not safety compliant as any new or subsequent owners could remove the screws.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I think i'll have a discrete word with LABC and see what their take is on it :)

The best scenario you could achieve is the openable lights replaced with solid panels or panes.

The conservatory meanwhile, will remain as will the feud with the neighbours, but with even more vigour.

Building control wont get involved as it is not controlled work - b/regs don't apply.

There is no requirement to have the windows operable, screwed shut or anything else

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back