Conveyancing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What a flaming ball ache this is.

Offered on a house end of may. Accepted. 2nd june instructed solicitors. Small local firm that I've used before. Mid range priced.

It went quiet for a couple weeks around week 6, so phoned and asked to speak with the lady who was dealing with my case. She was on annual leave so I was connected to a clerk who didn't really know what was what.

I got an apology letter the following week saying she had been off and my case hadn't recieved the focus it should have. Great, thats makes it all better that I'm now a week behind.

I've been making bi-daily phone calls to them this week (week 9). Apparently the conveyance was drawn up with the wrong date on so its gone back, the bank has still to approve the fact my mum is "giving" me the stamp duty money. This should have been sorted at the very beginning of the process. (My mum is getting the stamp duty money back when i sell my current house and hmrc give it back but the bank wouldnt lend on that basis as its technically a loan).

P155ing me off now because next week is my second of two weeks off work. I've been onto the agents to see if we can get the keys early as the house is a fixer-uper and we need to get cracking. But i know this is unlikely as the legal implications are complex.

/vent

Sponsored Links
Par for the course in my limited experience.

Solicitors always seem to have time off instead of dealing with business.

Edit - meant time off, of course

Last edited:
Experienced the same,they slow everything down and fuk everything up in most cases and charge for the privelage. In the end they will end up on the same scrap heap with estate agents and accounts as information technology streamlines EVERYTHING making jobs like these redundant. In a sense it means hundreds of thousands of money handler jobs lost over the years and and loads of mini-steps closer to robot chiefdom. I think I just hate deskjobs which faciilite some jumped up lazy excude of a jobsworth being able to bill someone a string of £50's for making a phone call or replying to an email while checking facebook and doing a coffee run for the rest of the ****s in the office.

Sponsored Links
:)

It was the same when we bought our house in 1999.

You have to be on top of them every day, mithering them to keep the ball rolling.

Back