Core drilled through end of Lintel & metal showing

Sponsored Links

• Thanks
Reactions: NBT
I really appreciate both your advice and .... its helping me understand what the builder has done wrong and how he needs to correct it

The extractor uses a 150mn pipe and It advises in the booklet not to use a Reducer but the builder explained there is no option as limited space in the wall. Is this correct ?

Sponsored Links
Apologies so many questions....

The vent outside which has been installed upside down.... Is that the correct vent to use ? Looking on Screwfix the vents look different

I'll speak with the builder now I've gained the knowledge (thanks to you both) about the problems with the extractor ducting and waste pipes.... I'll keep you posted on the outcome !
Thank you again for taking the time to help me

Andy165 .... No it was not cheap (unfortunately). I found them on a reputable website !!!

I'll speak with the builder now I've gained the knowledge (thanks to you both) about the problems with the extractor ducting and waste pipes.... I'll keep you posted on the outcome !
Thank you again for taking the time to help me

..and definitely discus getting those drain pipes done properly. Point out it looks like at best a temporary arrangement.

Similar type of website.... I thought I was doing a safe option with vetted trades

I work alongside skilled bricklayers. They would never do a job like that. Looks amateurish !

Hopefully, it is properly tied into the original brickwork, with it now taking most of the weight of the damaged lintel. OP, did you see that being built, perhaps?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back