Corgi Registration part2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI All,

Just to let you know the "corgi man" has just left after 2 hours of questions etc & is putting me forward for registration, dont know if that is a good or bad thing, but I still think it is a rip off
I paid for ccn1 etc & still have to pay for corgi to say I can do gas work.

john

Sponsored Links
Then u have to pay corgi to tell the customer that the work u have just done for them is o.k because u have contacted corgi and told them so. WHAT A FARCE.

LOL

thats the word FARCE

much nicer than some I have used

Well done by the way koi

welcome to the shiitest and rubbishest club there is :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Then he can spot visit and call you back to change which side of the gas pipe through the wall from the garage to the cupboard under the stairs you should have sealed; on his way there he will have waved politely as he passed two Polish up a ladder at an illegal height to work from fitting a flu which is 200mm from an openable window directly oposite the neighbours bathroom window 1.5 meters away, but it's not that big a problem because there is no steam coming from the flue as the products of combustion are so hot that it satisfies sedbuk band D. It'll be joined into the same plug as the kettle instant water heater.

The bad news is that unless you are a qualified electrician with his inspection and testing qualification and you don't just want to fit boilers with ready fitted moulded plugs into an existing socket within 1 meter of the boiler and use volts free room stat controlled by an onboard clock you noiw have to train to do part P. That cost me 750 and another 750 for test gear then about 500 to join niceic (nicky).

As Karen said "it's only just begun..."

You fool, you should have done a two week course in plastering!

like i said 5 years from now you will be saying ho no what have i done but in your case i think you may be saying it sooner, welcome to the heating world and to the sharks (contractors) bus driver £8.59 hr gas GAS SERVICE ENGINEER£10.00 hour.

Anyone tried foning them latley,, re reg on the net on Sunday just gone, it said on the web page summut about sending me an email. So i waited, no email. I tryed all day Wednesday to call them, still no answer. Has any of else had this so called conformation email ? :evil:

Sorry my spelling is appaling in that last post. My appolagise

I did it ages ago and got confirmation email but no new card, emailed a week ago asking why no card, got reply saying ANOTHER would be sent. STILL NO CARD.

Since customers never ask for it, am I bothered? Look at me?

But no, agree with you, admin is crap.

I am still waiting for my card as well....
I tried to renew online and could not access the part of the process that allowed me to register my :rolleyes: :rolleyes: "Everyone must have by April part L qualification" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: so I called CORGI and then I was told that because I had called them I would have to pay the fee for the telephone renewal, rather than the fee for the online renewal... MMmmm well I am sure you can imagine my reply to that one... Haha..

Truth is you need Corgi, punters see it as a general standing of quality, I even got asked if I'm Corgi reg'd from someone wanting a bath suite fitted.

Even today picking up a presure relief for an unvented, the woman in the shop asked if I was Corgi, if so could I service her boiler, fire and write a saftey ticket - so £200 for the registration pays for itself in no time.

Yes but for 200 squid the fekcing least they could do is let you know the authorisation number on yer card even if they never intend to send it out!

My experience is that when I lost my wallet and cancelled the card, then found the wallet again, I couldn't cancel the new card, but they sent a new one out for free and added my LPG qualifications for free too, so not always bad. It's just you can't reach them at all by phone or email at this time of year as they appear to be unable to cope with the annual registrations, I reckon they should stop the system where everyone renews at the same time [ersonally.

The only other issue is the inspector coming round and acting as a salesman (with menaces) for corgi direct stuff.

There is hope on the horison I got an zero invoice for second card today, but still no card. I suppose the card is on the way then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back