Corona virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I read now it's hit Italy and there's been panic buying in Milan. Hmm not panicked yet but considering buying a few tins of beans and some masks.

Sponsored Links
I read now it's hit Italy and there's been panic buying in Milan. Hmm not panicked yet but considering buying a few tins of beans and some masks.

Good luck with the masks, as they're made in China (mostly), and therefore either already bought, or on lock down.....

Surgical masks usually sell for about £10 a hundred.

I ordered a million of them from Taiwan as soon as I heard the rumours, I'm getting about a pound each.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Disposab...=133335027565215fb320244f4547bcfe7b0103dc4f91

I see other vendors are charging £1011.99 a hundred so I'll put my prices up tomorrow.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DISPOSABLE-SURGICAL-FACE-SALON-DUST-CLEANING-Ear-Loop-Flu-Medical-MASK-CE-Mark/141501603591?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=440653226380&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

My shipment of long cardboard boxes has not yet arrived. They're currently retailing at over £500 each.

s-l225.webp

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
I hope thre Italians don't declare war on the virus. If so they will surrender tomorrow. :cautious:

Just been talking on the radio about China

And their infamous tiger farms were they breed tigers for slaughter to fuel the demand in China for tiger parts

S**t country

Good luck with the masks, as they're made in China (mostly), and therefore either already bought, or on lock down.....
hmmm wow i looked on screwfix for p3 reusable masks and weren't many left within a large radius to me.

Listening to a science podcast last year, it stated that China has a number of "moonshot" projects....
... one of which is to become the world's leader in genetic research.

Having a beer with the f-i-l tonight, he was telling me about a company which makes Corona virus testing kits, and how it's share price has risen tenfold over the last few days. Which set me pondering......

Instead of creating a vaccine for a disease, imagine how lucrative it would be, to create the vaccine for the disease you had created yourself?

from the New York Times
https://nypost.com/2020/02/22/dont-buy-chinas-story-the-coronavirus-may-have-leaked-from-a-lab/

"Wuhan Institute of Virology either, since it is one of only two bioweapons research labs in all of China."

"And then there is this little-known fact: Some Chinese researchers are in the habit of selling their laboratory animals to street vendors after they have finished experimenting on them."

There is something very weird with this virus, on one hand we are told that for most it is a mild cough, but then all these images of hospital workers dressed in full hazchem uniforms.

There is something very weird with this virus, on one hand we are told that for most it is a mild cough, but then all these images of hospital workers dressed in full hazchem uniforms.

Most, you say.

mmmm.

Let's see.

You are a scaffolder. you will spend 8 hours a day working on greasy scaffolding in snow, every day, for the next 12 months.

You are told that you might not fall off, but around 20-50% of scaffolders do, and if you do, there is a 2-5% chance that you will die. You see a few dozen scaffolders die every day, and are required to carry their bodies away and mop up the blood.

Do you try not to fall off?

Most, you say.

mmmm.

Let's see.

You are a scaffolder. you will spend 8 hours a day working on greasy scaffolding in snow, every day, for the next 12 months.

You are told that you might not fall off, but around 20-50% of scaffolders do, and if you do, there is a 2-5% chance that you will die. You see a few dozen scaffolders die every day, and are required to carry their bodies away and mop up the blood.

Do you try not to fall off?
you what ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back