Correct Consumer Unit For TT Supply

we got the house cheap to do up so we asked no questions as we were going to have a complete rip out

In which case why ask the questions here?

The new board as described is the minimum you need.
An RCBO filled board would be better but more expensive.

Sponsored Links
we got the house cheap to do up so we asked no questions as we were going to have a complete rip out

In which case why ask the questions here?

The new board as described is the minimum you need.
An RCBO filled board would be better but more expensive.

A lot more expensive.

You need to use DP RCBOs on a TT supply.

A dual split is the best compromise for a domestic TT supply these days.

Sponsored Links
Im getting so many mixed responses here :confused: I have just rung my electrician and now he says that he can just put a 100ma in an enclosure before it goes into the board... is that OK?

As I said above, it probably won't comply with the current regs and a type (S) RCD is expensive, not a lot in it between that and a new dual RCD board.

They could. Personally I'd want to use a make I've actually heard of though

Im getting so many mixed responses here :confused: I have just rung my electrician and now he says that he can just put a 100ma in an enclosure before it goes into the board... is that OK?

He's probably getting fed up of you questioning him, and now just want's to get the job done and get out of there as quickly as possible.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but that is the reallity of what you're doing.

He's probably getting fed up of you questioning him, and now just want's to get the job done and get out of there as quickly as possible.

dont talk about things you know nothing about! tonight is the first time ive spoken to him and he he VERY helpful. I was on here as HE told me to have a look at all my best options.

dont talk about things you know nothing about! tonight is the first time ive spoken to him and he he VERY helpful. I was on here as HE told me to have a look at all my best options.

I know a PITA customer when I see one.

Your best option is the one he said in the first place, a new split load CU. About £90 in Screwfix but he should be able to pick one up cheaper.
A new 100mA (S) RCD by MK incidentally costs about £90 :LOL:

So I would be OK to buy a dual RCD board with 2x 80A RCD's in and 1x 100A isolator? Can a TT supply be converted?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back