Could there be a vote of confidence on Wednesday ? 15% threshold reached now

Sponsored Links
Tory party is now in civil war

senior Tory MP says: “the cabinet has to accept the game is up”

Sir Roger Gale says: “I will keep on calling for his resignation”

Dead man walking.

"As a percentage, more MPs voted against Boris than Margaret Thatcher, Theresa May and John Major..."

A more realistic comparison.
That was then, this is now. Anyway, an early night for me. Sweet dreams. X

Sponsored Links
I don't like the buffoon, but at the same time I don't have confidence that anyone else would do things any better..
Exactly, who honestly wants the Queer Charmer chinlessing his way through stuff. For me watching him sit on the fence throughout Brexit was telling, he has no backbone and no courage to do anything. Saying that Boris is a pleb also, who would honestly change sh't right now and start building masses of publicly owned UK energy sources for example. Or offering huge reductions again for Jo Public to invest in solar energy. Something radical over what we currently have.

Last edited:
The ERG is the power in the various thrones. They live in a different world and make it up as they like it as things go along.

Anyway Boris is back smirking at interviewers again already after a week or so of looking rather serious. So it's obvious what he thinks.

Next will be walking along hands clasped behind his back - Churchill. Or maybe his advisors have pointed out this is not a good idea. People might notice and worse still think.

Comparing leadership votes is silly. When they finally get to the last 2 they make sure which one is likely to win by tactical voting during the run up. However this does mean that a signiificant number must want the one that does win.

Johnson got far far more votes against him than imagined he would get

And far more votes against him than he and his rebel buddies got against Theresa May when they sought to undermine her.

I'm sure he recognises the pattern

As an unpopular PM losing his grip and rolling down the exit chute.

Flipping heck, Mottie....

You put a lot of effort into this campaign.......

"As a percentage, more MPs voted against Boris than Margaret Thatcher, Theresa May and John Major..."

A more realistic comparison.
That’s just because he has a much larger number of MP's voting. As a percentage, 50% of 2 is smaller in numbers that 2% of 100.

John Major had decided to resign if he got less than two thirds of the vote.
Mrs May had fewer scruples
Boris has never heard of the word

Sponsored Links
Back