Covid-19 crystal ball gazing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A thread for people to guess what might happen in the next year or so with Covid-19.

My guess: Multiple vaccines pass testing before the new year and limited roll outs begin for NHS and care home residents.

We leave lockdown into tier 3 nation wide, with the promise that if the R stays low it gets relaxed to tier 2 etc. The R value goes up and tier 4 is introduced.

Some mixing over Christmas is allowed but people take the **** and there's a significant jump in deaths in the early new year. Santa gets the blame.

In the new year more vaccines start rolling out and by mid year all the vulnerable groups are vaccinated. Meanwhile a huge wave 3 outbreak kicks in, which results in loads of under 50s getting it and mostly surviving, but the NHS gets swamped again.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Never, a myth perpetrated by fifth columnists and idiot trump supporters.

A thread for people to guess what might happen in the next year or so with Covid-19.

My guess: Multiple vaccines pass testing before the new year and limited roll outs begin for NHS and care home residents.

We leave lockdown into tier 3 nation wide, with the promise that if the R stays low it gets relaxed to tier 2 etc. The R value goes up and tier 4 is introduced.

Some mixing over Christmas is allowed but people take the **** and there's a significant jump in deaths in the early new year. Santa gets the blame.

In the new year more vaccines start rolling out and by mid year all the vulnerable groups are vaccinated. Meanwhile a huge wave 3 outbreak kicks in, which results in loads of under 50s getting it and mostly surviving, but the NHS gets swamped again.

Sounds about right.

Better tell the NHS that, coz my local hospital and GP thinks it is, so has been shut for six months.
Edit: seven months. And counting.

Obviously it varies in different parts of the country, but like your area, GP access here is bad and the hospitals are severely limiting procedures.
Two weeks ago the main hospital in Truro was dealing with 4 or 5 covid cases. I've heard whispers of a spike in cases this last week but not so far in hospital admissions.

I predict that once they won't have any more excuses to scare people, they'll come up with a new variety of virus Covid-21.
End of next year, beginning of 2022 approx.
It's a bit like a new Barbie doll, same doll, different outfit.

Nudging as Boris is going to do a press briefing this afternoon.

My latest guess, Christmas is cancelled! It's not because the plan was always going to be unsafe, but because of mutations!

So far I'm giving myself low marks though, no Tier 4 and whilst the entire country is heading for tier 3 we're not doing it as a group.

Nudging as Boris is going to do a press briefing this afternoon.

My latest guess, Christmas is cancelled! It's not because the plan was always going to be unsafe, but because of mutations!

So far I'm giving myself low marks though, no Tier 4 and whilst the entire country is heading for tier 3 we're not doing it as a group.

It was on the cards ,
Canada and America went ahead with their Family "Thanksgiving" get togethers and the virus peaked,
Why didnt we take notice of that and have a proper lock down , over the Christmas Period
As it is the Virus has mutated and is getting out of control
IMO London and Southern Counties will be placed in Tier 4 by the end of this week end .

Any decision will be made in response to what's happening in London and the SE.

TBF I think it's probably wise to cancel Christmas to prevent London and the SE seeing a much bigger spike and to maintain the downward progress of most northern and non SE areas.

Sponsored Links
Back