Covid 19: what symptoms would make you ask to be tested.

Sponsored Links
Fellow, hard as nails northerner, never off sick, probably coz I don't get paid if I wimp off. (Ok, I did have a day off in December, but that was only because I had a slight issue in standing upright without passing out)

What racks me off is, despite keep turning up and doing a shift year in and year out, you're thought of no better than the same half - a-dozen who think the weekend starts on Thursday and is still going on on Monday, "coz I have a dodgy stomach", every couple of months.
Us who aren't tossing it off keep asking ourselves though, who are the mugs?

you're thought of no better than the same half - a-dozen who think the weekend starts on Thursday and is still going on on Monday, "

Guy I work with has a saying for that from when he worked in a furniture factory.
Goes along the lines of "The best go down the road with the rest".

What racks me off is, despite keep turning up and doing a shift year in and year out, you're thought of no better than the same half - a-dozen who think the weekend starts on Thursday and is still going on on Monday, "coz I have a dodgy stomach", every couple of months.

Ahh, well, here's the trick, everyone notices if you get in late, no-one notices if you leave a little early... suckers.

Sponsored Links

Well there is that of course, but HMRC would like to say I'm a disguised employee, sadly with no benefits of being real employee.

Ahh, well, here's the trick, everyone notices if you get in late, no-one notices if you leave a little early... suckers.

I got a cowardly non-telling off from a director, years ago.
Basically (to avoid traffic), I used to start an hour early, and would sometimes leave a few minutes early.
Out of courtesy, one afternoon I told the director that I was off (about five minutes early of normal hours, having already done an extra hour at the start of the day).
He said "I'm not having a go, but some have noticed you going early some days. You might want to see the full day out in future."

All from someone who thought there was only one nine o'clock in a day.......

Basically (to avoid traffic), I used to start an hour early, and would sometimes leave a few minutes early.
Out of courtesy, one afternoon I told the director that I was off (about five minutes early of normal hours, having already done an extra hour at the start of the day).
He said "I'm not having a go, but some have noticed you going early some days. You might want to see the full day out in future."

Well, that sucks... I've never been late for work in 9 years, but fortunately I've worked for give and take companies. Last time i asked if it was ok to go a little early, the response, I wouldn't dare defy you. (mind you fellow Yorkshire man, top man)

Was chatting to a doctor chap today, who works in one of the London hospitals. He said, it almost sounds like a conspiracy theory, but this virus seems to be "engineered" to attack older people with underlying health problems. Kids seem to be almost unaffected and 90% of fit, healthy people experience nothing more than flu symptoms or less. Sadly those with any kind of underlying problem or even long term smokers seem to be hit hard.

Fever and hard to breath. I've had a cough and my son has been coughing too. Just a cold though.

Was chatting to a doctor chap today, who works in one of the London hospitals. He said, it almost sounds like a conspiracy theory, but this virus seems to be "engineered" to attack older people with underlying health problems. Kids seem to be almost unaffected and 90% of fit, healthy people experience nothing more than flu symptoms or less. Sadly those with any kind of underlying problem or even long term smokers seem to be hit hard.

My f-i-l does a bit of share trading, and mentioned to me (the other day) about a company that made Corona testing kits, whose share price has gone up ten - fold inside a week.

According to Dr Karl, China aspire to be the world leader in genetic research.
It would be a great earner to engineer a virus, engineer its vaccine, then release the virus.
:cautious:

A total of 319 people have tested positive for coronavirus in the UK, up from 273 on Sunday, the Department of Health has said.

A total of 24,960 people have been tested with 24,641 negative results. Three patients have died after testing positive for the illness.

Looking at how the virus is sreading its doubling every 3 days. Now our testing is not keeping pace, there are far more people who have the virus who have not been tested.

The Government are now saying the outbreak will spread at a significant rate.

As I pointed out a pathetic tepid response.

lol.

If it was engineered to attack older people does it ask for their birth certificate? Whats the cut off date? :mrgreen:

Did you have some choice words for him?

Ive employed quite a few staff over the years, you get some staff that never take time off, ever. I think its an attitude of mind. They are gold dust, business needs reliability to exist.

I employed a sprayer, he was constantly off, Ive never known somebody go to the doctor so much -one year he had 54 days off sick......

Some big businesses have a disciplinary procedure, after say 10 days off sick, you have to attend a meeting. So what happens is that staff then have 10 more holidays per year -albeit unpaid

lol.

If it was engineered to attack older people does it ask for their birth certificate? Whats the cut off date? :mrgreen:
Under 50 and it’s about 1/2%. Over 50 and the risks doubles for every 10 years. By the time you reach 120 it’s curtains for sure

Sponsored Links
Back