Covid Death Stats: Looking Like Us Doubters May Be Right

Lockdown far sooner, test & trace locally run when numbers are low enough, not underfunded NHS, support for those isolating, and when it gets low, aim for eradication.... I could go on, but the Tories have blood on their hands.

Any political party, of whatever colour would have had blood on their hands. There have been some stupid decisions made over the past year, but as you seem to agree, better decisions needed the input of hindsight.

Sponsored Links
I'd have done similar to what has been done but with earlier and tighter lockdowns (bit of hindsight in there, granted)
My question was...

So what are you going to say to the families of thousands of people who have or are going to die of treatable diseases because the NHS has drastically cut back on diagnosis/treatment?
That they died for the 'greater good'?

Are you actually saying that it's ok that people have died/will die unnecessarily because of the measures taken?

Have they?

Yet they are the vast majority who died.

I don't know. That's why I asked.

Why do people who don't know the answers to questions reply?
If you don't know what the answer is then how come you think others are wrong? What is the answer that you will find acceptable.?

Social distancing and face masks have greatly reduced the opportunity for flu to get its foot in the door. Yes Covid has managed to spread a little but that is probably because it is considerably more virulent, so even when people have not been too careful, they have probably been careful enough not to catch flu.

https://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/news/c...-cases-detected-in-england-this-year-to-date/
‘The decrease in flu cases this year is likely due to changes in our behaviour, such as social distancing, face coverings and handwashing, as well as the reduction in international travel.

Sponsored Links
If you don't know what the answer is then how come you think others are wrong? What is the answer that you will find acceptable.?
I asked a question.

Social distancing and face masks have greatly reduced the opportunity for flu to get its foot in the door. Yes Covid has managed to spread a little but that is probably because it is considerably more virulent, so even when people have not been too careful, they have probably been careful enough not to catch flu.
Does that make sense to you? A little?

https://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/news/c...-cases-detected-in-england-this-year-to-date/
‘The decrease in flu cases this year is likely due to changes in our behaviour, such as social distancing, face coverings and handwashing, as well as the reduction in international travel.
Yet none of those things has stopped covid.

If you think the measures reduced covid, then that means Professor Ferguson was correct in his projection for the first time in his career?

Yes, of course, but it was said that -
they {the measures taken} have worked well against covid, and the elderly who are vulnerable to flu were keeping themselves far safer during the second wave. What woulld your explanation be to very low numbers of people suffering from flu this past season ? the flu virus caught covid or decided it was out matched and didn't want to compete in 21.

yet they caught covid and died.

Yes, of course, but it was said that -

yet they caught covid and died.

No, that was not how it worked - Those who were very unlucky caught covid and of those the even more unlucky died as a result. The measure taken helped to reduce those chances of catching it, until the jab came along.

No, that was not how it worked - Those who were very unlucky caught covid and of those the even more unlucky died as a result.
Yet none of them caught flu.

The measure taken helped to reduce those chances of catching it, until the jab came along.
I cannot disprove that; nether you can prove it.

Remember, Johnson says it was not the vaccine responsible for the present good situation.

Those who think that the measures taken have had considerable reducing effect on covid must also think that the UK would have been, for some inexplicable reason, far far worse than anywhere else in the world without them - instead of, as it is, just one of the worst.

The number of right minded people who are beginning to wake up & seriously question the narrative is rapidly increasing.

How will they control this dissent?

dork uses the term "right minded" as a euphemism for "people who agree with the dork"

but their number is not increasing, it is the same bunch of blinkered dunderheads trotting out their well-worn stories.

dork uses the term "right minded" as a euphemism for "people who agree with the dork"

I have almost zero respect for your opinions, & this one does you no favours.

I like to think that I'm open minded to almost anything, surely that is the only way to go?

You, however, seem to stick to an agenda that is beyond the extreme of even the leftiest of the lefties.

Answer this truthfully, was you ever kicked out of the communist party for being a bit too extreme even for them?

Right minded people are the people I likes. I don't have the answer to everything, I likes to listen & be educated by people who can command my respect.

Yet none of them caught flu.

Indeed - could this be due to Covid being considerably easier to spread than influenza?

the vast majority of people followed the covid guidelines to some extent;
Those who kept the full 2metres, wore the masks correctly and washed their hands regularly remained virus free
Those who thought 2 foot was 2 metres, wore the masks over their mouths, and very occasionally sanitised their hands got covid, but their half hearted approach to the rules was enough to protect them from the Flu
It's not rocket science, it is much easier to avoid the flu than to avoid covid.

You seem to be digging for a specific answer here, I'm curious, what is it?

Indeed - could this be due to Covid being considerably easier to spread than influenza?

the vast majority of people followed the covid guidelines to some extent;
Those who kept the full 2metres, wore the masks correctly and washed their hands regularly remained virus free
Those who thought 2 foot was 2 metres, wore the masks over their mouths, and very occasionally sanitised their hands got covid, but their half hearted approach to the rules was enough to protect them from the Flu
It's not rocket science, it is much easier to avoid the flu than to avoid covid.

You seem to be digging for a specific answer here, I'm curious, what is it?
The restrictions (closures, work from home, don't travel, etc) put in place to reduce the spread of Covid will also have had a dramatic effect on curtailing the spread of flu.

Sponsored Links
Back